LX Forums Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)
I've got a few small issues with the engine rebuilt but nothing crazy. So I decided to redo the car audio system. Ill Post progress as I go.. If i remember lol. Sorry.

Here you guy/gals go. I started off by replacing the 5 volt Eclipse head unit.

I really only wanted it for the Apple Car play lol. Anyways the Andiod unit only comes with RCA output for the subwoofer. So I also added an AudioControl Matrix Plus to help increase the voltage back up above 2 volts. My sub amp requires 2 volts on the RCA cables to turn on).

Years ago I notched out the underside of the trunk floor to make an oversized group 31 battery. I took the tray out but still had to notch it out to fit!! SO Im redoing it to make it look better and funtion correctly without bowing. Also took out all of the extra batteries and added another D3100.

I made a battery box out of wood and then covered it in carpet once it fit correctly. I sat the battery on the opposite side to try and even out the weight.

Next I started tackiling the trunk floor first to make sure I had enough room. Cut everything out and made sure it fit.

I cut out and test fit the amp rack but it got a bit dark.

You can see the hinges I added to make the floor and the side of the amp rack accessible.

Had to smooth a few things out but I started carpeting the amp rack.

Pulled out and cleaned up all of the rest of the expanding foam. Then moved on to carpeting the spare tire area.

Had an emblem made up for the floor that matches the fender's Chimera emblems. I also add a Chrysler S edition spear to the amp rack. I went for a clean simple look. Notice how you can barely see the hinges under the carpet.

I even carpeted the underside of the floor. Although, I still need to cover the sides of the floor's feet.

I made a battery box out of wood and then covered it in carpet once it fit correctly. I sat the battery on the opposite side to try and even out the weight.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Alright SO its update time..... Been chacing a couple problems but Ive also been fixing / changing things as i go.

Lets start with the upper intake manifold. BUT here is some back story first. There is a gentelman in Canada that had this sweet stroker. I really liked this intake that he had made. I seen that it was for sale, I asking to buy the intake for the price of the whole engine. I missed the sale though dang it! (If you have this intake tell me... I might still buy it lol).

SO it was either spend $2k to buy something like this or make my own... I opt'ed to make my own. I first wanted to see how the vehicle would react with the runners disables. I ended up justputting a bolt in place to keep the runners locked into position. I also has the runners disabled in my tune.

This seemed to improve the reposiveness to my setup. SO I got to work on a plan to modify my stock manifold. Plan was to cut the long runner intake passageways along the red line.

Completely removed the long runners fom the upper intake manifold.

Made a cap out of kydex for rhe biggest port hole.

Tapped up the holes I just created in preration to fill them in with jb weld.

JB weld time!!!

Being careful I started to flatten and shape the material.

After quite a bit of time I was able to get it to this point where I was somewhat happy with.

While I was at It i made a custom mount for a 72mm Viper Throttle body. Should add a bit more air flow than my 68mm that I currently have.

Ended up sanding and shaping it a bit more. Then I threw some paint on it.

The stock bolts that I reused ended up sripping out throttle body area. SO I added studs to the manifold.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)
I added a 2nd catch can but I did relized I had kind of a thrown together look. I mean it looks ok as you can see here but I fixed it later as youll see.

While I had the engine out decided to add an Oil cooler to my oil pan. Being that the stock Mopar ones are obsolete I found a ford one that would work. I do however now reqire a different oil filter. Instead of taking an FL820 oil filter mine now takes a FL300 (Like it was ment to be or somehing lol). I also repainted everything,

Also, yes I figured out that the oil cooler was mounted in the wrone direction. lol...

I ended up painted the catch cans and the bracket I made to match.

Then I got to work covering all the hoses up with nylon loom and hose connections. Turned out pretty good. It looks more prefessionl anyways lol. Still wroking on a few things but this is about how it sit at the moment.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Bump. Lets see more.
I did manage to get it together but then I changed a few things... Also was test fitting a new Grip bumper. Its going to looks great. Here are a couple pictures of before the engine lost #2 cylinder. (don't mind my cut up hood lol)

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Hood

Vehicle Grille Automotive tire Car Hood

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Well, I've actually had a bit of a set back lol. The timing was off due to the tensioner failing....... and in about 10 secs I had this happen.

Automotive tire Textile Tire Red Wood

Automotive tire Audio equipment Tower Gas Auto part

Jaw Gesture Helmet Automotive lighting Gas

Gas Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Electric blue Machine

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
No worries though. I'm working on rebuilding it currently.
I'm just currently waiting on a new head to be built... Once that's complete I'll have everything I need to go back together.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive engine gasket Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

Silver Body jewelry Nickel Musical instrument Jewellery

Wood Composite material Gas Tints and shades Automotive exterior

ALSO, I found a nice fresh block I can play around with... Who knows maybe Ill rebuild and sell the 4.0L and use this new block.

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Rim Automotive design

White Automotive tire Automotive engine gasket Rim Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Engineering Auto part Helmet

Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Auto part Engineering Machine

·
Registered
119 Posts
That is always rough to see. I am glad you are still truckin. It is quite the amazing feat you have pulled off.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts