Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Waiting for more Halo info

Votes: 15 34.9%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
My maggie did me proud
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked Ted yesterday about doing a GB for headlights for those of us unable to go a while without headlights when the halos come around and this also works for those who want to get black headlights and he said not a problem.

Wondering how many people would be interested in this so I can see whether or not to follow up on this. He also said that we can mix and match between chrome and black

·
My maggie did me proud
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I can tell it would be between 1-2 weeks mind you it also depends on there workload

·
SXT WITH BIG DREAMS
392 Posts
I am definitely interested in these. Like everyone else, the cost and time it takes for them to install will be the only factors that might hold me back. I know there was some minor talk about changing the color of the light?

·
LX Padiwan
282 Posts
I am not necessarily interested in the Halos (depending on Cost) but I am interested in Black Headlights. I'm not fond of the silver/chrome on the black.

·
LX Newbie
22 Posts
I am also looking for Black lights for my midnight blue Mag.

·
GO HUSKIES!!
3,344 Posts
Im waiting to see if maybe I can just buy the full deal straight from the halo company...headlights and halos together...then i would deal with getting rid of my other headlights later

·
My maggie did me proud
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
So it looks like with the people on the fence with the halos we have 20 and if i can include charger lights in this there would be at least one more participant. Lemme get in touch with Justin @ AAC and try to find out if there are going to pre purchase lights for the halo installs and I will get back to everyone. Even if they do have a core swap program it seems as if a good number just want to get different headlights anyways.

Sorry for the lack of replies but I just got switched to a night schedule and my body isn't happy with me and to boot the computers at work don't let me log into the forums

·
Longhair/XMarine
876 Posts
First I didn't see a pic of lights. I have to assume from replies these are having halos installed?.

If so, are they taking the lights apart to do so?, and if that is the case then do they offer painting to customers request.

If, If, If.. lol
I would be interested if that's the case.
And could you maybe post a pic of exactly what we are looking at?.

Thanks
BillyD..

·
TR IIAWAH
1,602 Posts
BillyDsl said:
First I didn't see a pic of lights. I have to assume from replies these are having halos installed?.

If so, are they taking the lights apart to do so?, and if that is the case then do they offer painting to customers request.

If, If, If.. lol
I would be interested if that's the case.
And could you maybe post a pic of exactly what we are looking at?.

Thanks
BillyD..
THE BLack headlights are just the lights with the black internal housing. I'm not sure if they paint them, but sounds like you can get colored lights. Halo pics can be seen here:
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=37593

·
Longhair/XMarine
876 Posts
HAWAII RT said:
THE BLack headlights are just the lights with the black internal housing. I'm not sure if they paint them, but sounds like you can get colored lights. Halo pics can be seen here:
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=37593
Thanks HAWAII RT..
After looking at the lights I'm figuring they must separate the lens from the backs to install them. And in that case I'm wondering 1) can they leave them apart for us to paint before reassembling, assuming they are epoxied or silicone. Or 2) re-assemble with a few small tabs and fasteners which would allow us to un-assemble and paint if so desired.

I have a set of blk headlights on the way here now, maybe tomorrow. And I would love to grab the halos for the silver set I will be removing but would need to paint them also.
Possibly we can dissect ourselves and paint then just send backs in or order the lights and install ourselves.. Just figuring separating lights is becoming common so there must be a safe way of doing it now. Dremel or hot wire after inserting one electrode into bulb hole, whatever works.

Just curious of our options, while tryin to :chill:
Have a lot of BMW buds with Halos and I want to shademm up.. lol
BillyD.. :beerchug:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.