LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fade to Black, Flat Black
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Nav system and I'm having trouble with WMA files not playing. The manual indicates the system play MP3 and WMA. On CD's with both, the directories all show on the list, but the directories with WMA files are all blank. I tried to burn a CD with only MWA files and the system rejected the CD with a message stating no music files.

Any ideas on how to get WMA's to work or is it just imcompatable?

·
Die hipster scum!
15,111 Posts
That's a new one on me - I thought our players were mp3 only. Dunno if maybe wmv compatability was introduced in '06, but I've tried to play wmv's with mine and just as you describe, they don't even show...

·
HEMI Newbie
96 Posts
If the WMA files are protected files (DRM) then the machine will not play them. IE you bought the WMA files from an online service like NAPSTER, etc. It's a feature not a bug :)

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
bipto said:
That's a new one on me - I thought our players were mp3 only. Dunno if maybe wmv compatability was introduced in '06, but I've tried to play wmv's with mine and just as you describe, they don't even show...
Mine was built in 11/04 and plays WMA files. I think it even says it right on the radio face.

·
Thats no moon!
1,899 Posts
The nav units don't play WMA's, but the 6 disk changers do. Atleast in my 05 it was that way. All 6GB of my library is in WMA format so that was a major annoyance for me. I believe I did the same thing as you and looked at the manual seeing that it says it plays both but then I realized that the manual only really talks about the 6 disk changer and only gives a brief overview of the Nav unit(that was over 2 years ago so I could be mistaken).

But I do know that mine, built 5/04, did not play them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.