LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I know where Hoffa is...
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some have asked for some more pics of the front end at different angles. I was able to get a whole 2 today (its finally raining and there was a short enough break in the rain to snap 3 shots, 1 didn't turn out).

(yes, I know the car is dirty, like I said, its been raining...)

Also, some more shots of the HVAC knobs and I painted my dash bezel rings (took a whole 45 minutes to do! Sorry for the blury pics, I was in a rush)
Next comes the silver spoke inserts on the steering wheel, then it will have that finished look.

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
That's it... I'm soooo doing this as my next Mod. Inferno Red!:rock:

Did you rattle can it or give bananas to the paint monkey?:banana: :banana: :banana:

how did the knobs get the accent ring color?

·
I know where Hoffa is...
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought the aerosol touch up paint, used a GREY (VERY FINE) Scotch-Brite pad to lightly scuff the rings. Then, soaked it in warm soapy water and dried with a paper towel. Used the aerosol touch up paint and let it dry. Time to complete was about 45 minutes, but I'm not a beginner at this, so it kinda came as second nature...

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
No adhesion promoter?
No filler primer?
No sanding?
No primer sealer?
No 3 layers of paint?
No 3 layers of clearcoat?

Just wash dry spay wait voila!?

AHHHHHHH - Your radio bezel came body colored from the factory..... DUH! Still nice job!

·
I know where Hoffa is...
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wbornio said:
No adhesion promoter?
No filler primer?
No sanding?
No primer sealer?
No 3 layers of paint?
No 3 layers of clearcoat?

Just wash dry spay wait voila!?

AHHHHHHH - Your radio bezel came body colored from the factory..... DUH! Still nice job!
Yeah, the radio bezel was done factory on Daytona's. The dash rings I did scuff with the scotch-brite pad, but I used no primer and just two thin coats of paint (making sure everything was covered).

·
I know where Hoffa is...
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those are the stock knobs. They orriginally had a chrome ring around them, I just used the brush on touch up paint to cover the chrome.

·
LX Padiwan
386 Posts
crazy_luck said:
Those are the stock knobs. They orriginally had a chrome ring around them, I just used the brush on touch up paint to cover the chrome.
Are these Chrome rimmed knobs only stock on the Charger? (have Magnum) & if you know, are the directional lines (pointers) supposed to illuminate? (mine don't but when I pulled the knobs off just now they look like they're designed to do so.)

·
I know where Hoffa is...
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gameboy said:
Are these Chrome rimmed knobs only stock on the Charger? (have Magnum) & if you know, are the directional lines (pointers) supposed to illuminate? (mine don't but when I pulled the knobs off just now they look like they're designed to do so.)
It might be a trim level option as I've seen Mag R/T's with the chrome trim. The directional lines on mine light up, you may have light problem.

·
LX Guru
4,322 Posts
Did you see the posts and pics I did when I blacked out my spokes? Its real easy. Thin screw driver on the outer edge, about 1/4", then pry up. the inner side has to be set under the horn cover first then the outer edge pushed in. It feels like you will be breaking something, they are in pretty good.

·
I know where Hoffa is...
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Semi-Hemi said:
Did you see the posts and pics I did when I blacked out my spokes? Its real easy. Thin screw driver on the outer edge, about 1/4", then pry up. the inner side has to be set under the horn cover first then the outer edge pushed in. It feels like you will be breaking something, they are in pretty good.
I can get the lower ones out easy by hand, but the top two don't seem to want to move. Do you have the steering wheel buttons?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.