LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
LX Newbie
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight my daughter had a really bad ear infection and we had to make a run to the urgent care. Being what the Ca health care system is our insurance makes us drive 45 miles to Riverside for anything but Emergencys. Taylor was crying and in alot of pain so the boss (my wife )gave me the go ahead to stretch out the Mafia Magnum a bit. We made the usually 45 to 50 minute drive in 30, it was fun but no racing anyone till the last light before the hospital I pulled up beside a new mustang gt. The boss said DON'T YOU DARE!!!!!! so I slapped her in first just in case and when the light went green I gave her just a little bump. The mustang guy was really slow off the line. One of those hold on and drive kind of wannabes. It must have surprised him that I was ahead cause he gave it everything he had. since I didn't have the OK from the Boss I just kind of kept his bumper about on my door where I could see him but not have to look for him. This went 1 block then I let off, braked a bit and drifted the corner into the parking lot. I could still hear him in it when I stopped to let Taylor and the Boss off at the door. I guess he was still stinging from being beat by a family wagon, and the boss tried to be mad but I saw the smile out of the corner of my eye in the middle of the drift. She can't be mad long with those flowmasters singing and the tires talking to her in the turns.

By the way I am new here but this board is toooooo cool.

Wayne

·
Threadkiller.........see?
3,099 Posts
If it wasn't for the rotten circumstances that would REALLY have been fun. I hope your daughter's ear infection feels better real soon.

·
LX Newbie
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CanuckDWfan said:
If it wasn't for the rotten circumstances that would REALLY have been fun. I hope your daughter's ear infection feels better real soon.
She is much better now a few ear drops and antibiotics and she is OK. I thought that ear infection thing was over when the kids got older??? guess not.

Wayne

·
LX Newbie
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Matrix said:
Welcome Wayne to the unreal.

Glad the rascal is better!!

I would have killed the Mustang and accepted the bitch slap from the Mrs!!

LOL!
It's her car, she would have been yelling to hammer it but with sick kids she has diffrent priorities. Plus I did not wnat to delay the tiem getting to the doctor any. At least that is my story and I am sticking to it.:wink:

Wayne

·
Gone Fishing
1,272 Posts
ZukIzzy said:
She is much better now a few ear drops and antibiotics and she is OK. I thought that ear infection thing was over when the kids got older??? guess not.

Wayne
I still get em at 40. Not as frequent but I still get em none the less.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
welcome ZukIzzy from our 300Cs in WV! Glad your daughter is feeling better... and that Mustang GT driver... isn't.

·
LX Newbie
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mr. Magnum Man said:
I still get em at 40. Not as frequent but I still get em none the less.
Man I am sorry to hear that.

Our son had em terrible like one a month for the first 18 months then they just went away. about a week ago he had one again then last night our 13 year old. Weird??? I think it has been so hot they have been in the pool non stop and the constant water in the ear finaly caught up to them.

It is tough seeing them in such pain and not being able to do anything about it. I can't imagine what it may feel like.

Wayne

·
Love my Mag
481 Posts
My daughter had them for years until we quit smoking around her and like magic they just quit....unless you count swimmers ear.....well anyway glad to hear your daughter is better.......

·
Gone Fishing
1,272 Posts
Ok who hexed me two hrs after my post in this thread my ear started to bother me. Seems to be a bit better now but wtf.

·
get busy living, or....
289 Posts
them GT stangs claim 0-60 in 5.2 "my ass" i've killed 3 personally

·
HEMI Kitty's chew toy: the Blue Oval
2,546 Posts
ZukIzzy said:
The boss said DON'T YOU DARE!!!!!! so I slapped her in first just in case...
LOL!!!
That's the best line in the story!!

It's still making me laugh...

ZukIzzy said:
...and the boss tried to be mad but I saw the smile out of the corner of my eye in the middle of the drift. She can't be mad long with those flowmasters singing and the tires talking to her in the turns.
it sounds like you will both fit in well here! :thumbs_u:

Welcome to the fourms Wayne!
Will we be seeing you and the boss at The Modifications Face Off 5?
Hope so! Check out the MoFO5 in NorCal here.

·
LX Newbie
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MAGZERO said:
them GT stangs claim 0-60 in 5.2 "my ass" i've killed 3 personally
You have to be a driver to get it there. hammer down and hold on guys can't. I don't fear a GT but a well drived WRX can surprise you. My buddy can clean me in his but I have killed many. my buddy can surprise the unwarry corvete ocasionlay. It is fun to watch.

Wayne

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.