LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, thought I would throw this up here and see how many of you were interested. Pretty sure a lot of you own ipods and this might be something that interests you. Below is a little wright up on it, if you have any questions please let me know. We are offering these for $169.99 plus shipping. The MSRP on these is $175.00 plus shipping. So we are saving you a little money on them. This part lets you plug your iPod in to your cars radio and and listen to all of your songs on the iPod. Pretty nice deal.

The Chrysler Group today announced that it will be the first American automaker to provide full iPod integration as an option in most of its 2006 models, with over three million 2006 Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge models offering seamless iPod® integration beginning this spring. Drivers will be able to listen to their iPod through the car's audio system, select their music by artist, album or playlist with radio or steering wheel controls and view selections on the radio's display.
"Customers have been asking for iPod connectivity and we're excited to make it available to so many of our vehicles in 2006," said Randy Ewers, director, Mopar Accessories Portfolio Team. "We're providing the largest number and range of automobiles with iPod support of any automaker, allowing Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge owners to bring and listen to their entire music collections."
"We're thrilled that over three million Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge automobiles will offer great iPod connectivity in 2006," said Greg Joswiak, Apple's vice president of Worldwide iPod Product Marketing. "Over 40 percent of all cars sold in the US in 2006 will offer iPod connectivity."
iPod is the number one digital music player in the world, providing the best way to listen to music on-the-go, at home and in the car. The iPod economy continues to flourish with accessories made specifically for iPod that range from fashionable cases to speaker systems, and 16 carmakers currently offer iPod support. For a complete list of carmakers please visit, http://www.apple.com/ipod/ipodyourcar/. In addition, an array of after-market solutions are available from Alpine, Clarion, Kenwood and Pioneer for automobiles that currently do not offer iPod integration.

·
LX Newbie
73 Posts
not really a kit just a plug in for your ipod.....

·
Mama / DB geek / driver
8,821 Posts
And which radio set ups does it work with? I don't have an auxiliary port on my set up (Nav/Sirius/6 CD player). I've just been muddling thru with a short range FM transmitter.

·
Premium Member
7,000 Posts
Where on the can-bus does it plug in?

·
Clever Disguise as a Responsible Adult
5,801 Posts
He11 my kid has a transmitter that makes his i-Pod work with any FM radio. He just tunes the radio to 1 of 2 frequencies and viola, the i-pod plays through the radio.

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
I'm in for one, no questions asked, if it's a true integration (i.e., control + audio). FM transmitters are terrible... you might as well record your music on a cassette tape and play it on a boom box in the back seat... I know they're one of the only options right now, but I'm itching so bad for a real solution! Anybody considering a FM modulator, at least get one that hardwires into the antenna.

·
LX Newbie
73 Posts
Ill grab one, does it work for all LX radios.....?

LS

·
Supporting Vendor
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guy's, looks like it is a no go. This unit bascially fits all Chryslers except, LX platform cars and Jeep GC's. Sorry about that. They are working on a release for our cars and from what I was told it should be out shortly. Sorry about that.

·
Mr. White Chocolate P. Rock
1,458 Posts
FM mods suck, I use a tape adapter in my tape deck ( 6disk with cassette ) works way better

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
correct me if I'm wrong

But haven't we been stuck in this loop for months???

·
hemi is a 4 letter word
75 Posts
Sorry for hijacking this thread but, I did some research a couple of days ago and it appears peripheral electronics has something like what i'm looking for. It's called the CHYP and it sells for 200 dollars. It works on 2005-2006 chryslers and dodges magnums, 300s,and chargers included. It allows displays on the head unit if you have text display capability and you can navigate with the radio controls and charge the ipod at the same time.

·
The NEW KRT
3,970 Posts
MADMAXR44,
You should provide a link so we can all see this. I traded my 05 6 disck changer for a 06 single disc with an aux jack and saudered a kit to the input. There is a example in the mod section looks good.

·
hemi is a 4 letter word
75 Posts
Good Idea,
Just go here http://peripheralelectronics.com/web/ipod_interfaces.asp
and scroll down to CHYP. If you download their latest product catalog it's in there as well with a little better description. That's where it says it works on 05 and 06 300's, magnums and chargers.

Bubba's Dragon said:
MADMAXR44,
You should provide a link so we can all see this. I traded my 05 6 disck changer for a 06 single disc with an aux jack and saudered a kit to the input. There is a example in the mod section looks good.

·
LX Padiwan
249 Posts
Been waiting on the CHYP since the sema show last november, the date has been pushed back and moved from month to month. now it is pushed back to an unknown date. dont hold your breath waiting for a CHYP.

·
Supporting Israel since 1948
5,586 Posts
Just and FYI... If you have both the sirius and VES you need to get rid of 1 of them.

It simulates their existence...

Also, it recommends you pull the sirius, since that simulation allows for artist and song name info, the ves does not.

Scott

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.