LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LX Newbie
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone pruchased and installed the Mopar hitch on their Charger? The one that is completely hidden? Mine is on order and I was looking at the installation instructions today. Can anyone who has installed one of these tell me if it is really necessary to remove the rear fascia (bumper) to install the hitch? Any insight/tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Looking for something new.
2,182 Posts
Sorry I can't give a charger point of view, but on a magnum you don't have to take off the bumper. You will have to lower the exhaust(jack stand supported) and easier with two people lifting and bolting in.

·
I love my magnum!!!!!!
5,943 Posts
You can easily install the hitch yourself. I had my car on 2x4's and was able to unbolt, lower the rear exhaust and install the hitch, bolt in place, then raise the exhaust back up by myself. Just take an aspirin before starting because the blood will RUSH to your head.
Most difficult thing is to cut holes in your new car.
Keep touchup paint for the fresh cuts

·
LX Newbie
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I installed the hitch today. No need to take off the rear bumper, thank goodness. Install took about 2 hours working by myself and everything went smooth and it looks great! Can not even see the hitch when the receiver is not installed.

·
LX Newbie
96 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but, for those with a Magnum you have one more reason to take the resonators off. My hitch went in without having to drop the exhaust with the straight pipes back there, made it a half hour job at most.

·
LX Newbie
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah it is a pain having to work around them all the time.

·
LX Guru
2,871 Posts
If I could get rid of resonators and not have drone or high pitch I would gladly do it.

Aren't glasspacks / resonators supposed to reduce higher frequencies? I like the low frequencies of the exhaust. I drive highway 80 miles a day and don't need drone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.