High Power Junkie
16,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Modifications Face Off 5 - October 9-14 2006 - Sacramento CA

Brought to you in part by:

click each logo to be taken to their website

Summary

Can you say BIG?
  • In the tradition of the GIFO Series of tests, we are proud to bring you the next evolution; The Modifications Face Off 5. Simply put, this will be the biggest, baddest, & best performance-centric gathering in LX history.
  • We will be installing cams and heads on, not one, but two LXs, in addition to testing many others already installed!
  • We will be testing a GIFO born intake that if successful, you can build yourself for $100 or less.
  • Grinner will be driving out to film the event for inclusion in the best damn LX show on the planet, Moddin' Art
  • Grinner will also be officially releasing Moddin' Art Volume 2. Those who make the event will get to see it first!
  • We will be live via webcam so you can tune us in, watch and participate as results happen, in real time.
  • Many of your favorite forum personalities will be flying and/or driving in from all over the country including (but not limited to) Rev.Hammer, Done, MattRobertson, MagnumFreak, Meister and so many more...
  • You're invited!
    • Friday Oct 13 is the day everything comes together. We'll have the work done on heads and cams, lunch will be gooood, and we'll all head to the track for a night full of testing, racing and flat out war (I've heard something about Grinner and Meister mixing it up...)
    • Saturday Oct 14th will cap the Mods Face Off 5 off with a Meet and Greet lunch. Click here for all the details related to Saturday's events.
Schedule of Events
  • Oct 9
    • Morning:
      • run a baseline set of dyno tests on CoolVanilla's and Matt Robertson's Magnums at SVS R&D in Sacramento CA. These two Magnums also have a history of dyno testing dating back to the first event, the GIFO1. See the entire history of tests here.
      • We'll get to the shop very early Monday morning to allow time for cooling; this ensures no heat soak issues.
    • Afternoon/Evening:
      • SVS installs P&P heads on CoolVanilla's Magnum. SVS installs brand X's cam in MattRobertson's Magnum.
  • Oct 10
    • Afternoon/Evening:
      • SVS completes the install on both Magnums. Both Magnums are then driven for 150 miles to ensure proper break in and to ensure the PCM has proper adjustment time, and are returned SVS and left overnight to cool.
  • Oct 11
    • Morning:
      • Run dyno tests on CoolVanilla's and MattRobertson's Magnums. This will determine what hp and trq the heads as well as the cam produces, alone.
    • Afternoon/Evening:
      • SVS installs 2nd set of identical P&P heads on MattRobertson's Magnum. SVS installs brand X's cam in CoolVanilla's Magnum.
  • Oct 12
    • Afternoon/Evening:
      • SVS completes the install on both Magnums. Both Magnums are then driven for 150 miles to ensure proper break in and to ensure the PCM has proper adjustment time, and are returned SVS and left overnight to cool.
    [*]
    Oct 13
    • Morning
      • Run dyno tests on CoolVanilla's and MattRobertson's Magnums. This will determine what hp and trqthe combination of heads and cam produces, cross referenced for certainty.
    • Morning/Afternoon/Early Evening:
      • Dyno dyno and more dyno. Heads, cams, intakes, and more intakes will be tested and retested. If you're planning on coming, make this day the day NOT to miss.
    • Evening:
      • Track event at Sacramento Raceway; this will be where gotls1 determines what the head/cam combos track time improvements are. Come and join us!
  • Oct 14
Location Specifics
Mods Face Off 5 Team
Now meet the folks that have literally been working on this since the GIFO4. Without these guys and gals, we don't have an event. We all, and I especially, owe you a heartfelt "thank you"; its truly my honor to work with each of you.
  • CoolVanilla = Point man; but only because no one else is tall enough :wink:
  • MattRobertson = First Officer of this ship we call The USS Insanity.
  • Mosie = M&G coordinator & hotel organizer
  • LadyNilla = M&G coordinator / Anchor Woman / Play-by-play announcer - if you're on the webcam, it'll be her sweet voice you hear.
  • Meister = The "Godfatha"; enough said
  • MagnumFreak = StarScan man!
  • gotls1 = Track goddess & official Mods Face Off track time driver; shes yet again graciously agreed to beet the crap outta our cars at the track.
  • Rev.Hammer = Our press secretary and excitement maker. They don't come better than this guy.
  • Grinner = Moddin' Art creator; plans on filming the Mods Face Off 5 for Moddin' Art 3.

·
High Power Junkie
16,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Lodging Specifics (Big thank you to Mosie for setting all this up!)

Welcome to your Modifications Face Off home away from home:

The Sacramento Radisson

500 Leisure LN, Sacramento, CA.
Directions/map can be found here.
  • We have the following amount of rooms blocked:
    • 5 rooms reserved for Oct 9-10
    • 30 rooms reserved for Oct 9-11
    • 30 rooms reserved for Oct 9-12
    • 30 rooms reserved for Oct 9-13
    • 5 rooms reserved for Oct 9-14
Reservations will be available to be made as of August 5th, up to September 24th. To secure a room at the discounted rate, you must reserve your room by the September 24th date, as that is when the remaining rooms from our block will be giving away. Any booking after that is subject to availability and the discount is not guaranteed.
  • A group rate has been negotiated below any of their normal discounts that are usually available. To receive the group rate of $109. per night, you must call a special reservations desk (916-922-2020), and state our group code "LX Forums". YOU MUST CALL THIS PHONE NUMBER AND REFERENCE OUR GROUP CODE IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE SPECIAL GROUP RATE!
Amenities O'plenty offered:

A newly remolded lounge with a full bar and an outdoor patio

The patio leads to the pools and sun deck.

The patio also overlooks a lake in the middle of the hotel complex.
There are a few paddle boat available. If grinner wants to prove how fast he is, this is the place for a show down!

You can also see the lake from the restaurant that serves breakfast thru dinner

ALSO:
  • High speed internet access included in every room
  • Exclusive parking for all Mods Face Off attendees
  • Security monitored parking
  • A juice/pastry/coffee bar
  • Full bar and restaurant
  • Local shuttle (does not make airport runs)
  • 5 minutes away from SVS, the testing facility.
I think this will be a great fit for our upcoming Mods Face Off 5!

·
High Power Junkie
16,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Contribution Specifics

To help inspire you to contribute, for the first time we're offering levels of contribution:
  • SE Contribution Level: $0 - $49
    • Web cam access - YOU MUST SIGN UP TO GAIN WEB CAM ACCESS! If you do not sign up, you will not be provided the password to enter the video chat room.
    • One entry into the raffle for a bunch of stuff, including a coupon for 50% off retail of a Zoomers Exhaust system!!
  • SXT Contribution Level: $50 - $99
    • SE level, plus
    • An extra large gray T Shirt with the LXForums.com logo
    • One extra entry into the raffle, for a total of two chances to win one or more prizes including that Zoomers Exhaust coupon!!
  • RT Contribution Level: $100 - $249
    • SXT level, plus
    • A coffee mug with the Mods Face Off banner / logo OR a sized collard shirt with the Mods Face Off logo embroidered on the breast.
    • A copy of Moddin' Art 2
    • One extra entry into the raffle, for a total of three chances to win one or more prizes including that Zoomers Exhaust coupon!!
  • SRT Contribution Level: $250+
    • RT level, plus
    • A lightweight jacket, size and color selectable, embroidered with the Mods Face Off logo
    • A couple other goodies that will be a surprise when ya get them.
    • One extra entry into the raffle, for a total of four chances to win one or more prizes including that Zoomers Exhaust coupon!!
In order to contribute and/or sign up for web cam access, you must private message me (click here). Include in the title "Mods Face Off 5", then indicate your desired contribution level. Once I receive your PM, I'll add you to the SE Contributor's list. Once payment beyond that level has been received, I'll move you to the appropriate level.

You may contribute via PayPal if you wish. If you have a PayPal account click here for the email to use (please be sure to include your screen name in the title or desc). If you do not have a PayPal account, or if would prefer to pay via a different method, indicate as such in the PM and I'll provide a mailing address.

If you plan to contribute at the SXT level or higher, please include a shipping address in your PM.

If you plan to contribute at the RT level, please indicate in your PM if you prefer a coffee mug or collared shirt (and size)

If you plan to contribute at the SRT level, please indicate in your PM what size you'd prefer for the jacket.

The raffle will be held after the Moddin Art 2 Premiere at Saturday's M&G. You do NOT need to be in attendance to win, although you're more than welcome to come out and join us!. Also, hopefully, this will be held live via webcam (need to confirm internet access).

·
High Power Junkie
16,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Last updated: Oct10
All listed here will receive a password for accessing the web conference room. This list does not imply you're signed up for attending the M&G Friday/Saturday.
  • Supporting Vendors & Organizations:
  • SRT Level Contributors: (CS = collard shirt, M = mug)
    • MattRobertson - CS - XL
    • Ozzie - CS - L
    • hemiwagn - CS - XXL
    • ChargerGirl - M - M
    • ekaz - CS - XXL
    • Redfox0099 - CS - XL
    • lafrad - M - XL
    • haas (from 300cForums.com) - M - XL
    • done - CS - L
    • Strykker - CS - XXL
  • RT Level Contributors:
    • Meister
    • dredog95 - CS - XL
    • MuscleModz
    • MAGNUM8R - CS - XL
    • monty1269 - CS - XL
    • JonzMgnm - CS - XL
    • northeastern08 - CS - XL
    • Gasgunr - CS - XXL
  • SXT Level Contributers:
    • PaulPaladin
    • Quarky42
    • Lik2race
    • hops440
    • NewbInNM
    • h3bubba
    • adf87
    • Rotrhed
    • BillyDsl
    • Magnum PI
    • Shelby
    • KeiththeCop
    • Pentagon Magnum
    • wbornio
    • Madjeff22
    • new2dodge
    • FactoryD
    • N8
    • boardmandan
    • mc57_98
    • SRT-Bill
    • bruno
    • RobACG
    • Shaggin Magnum
    • BrilliantBlackHemi
  • SE Level Contributers:
    • Apache
    • dredog95
    • bipto
    • hops440
    • Adanac Charger
    • hyperbolic
    • Crummy
    • jimmy52
    • duramax39
    • semihemi2
    • aries4life
    • Chuse2muse

·
T.G.I.F.
24,289 Posts
OK... so the general populace sees finally what we have been working on for so long (but they don't see that You.. Jason, have been working towards this since GIFO 4. Just thought I'd point that out). The Modifications Face-Off is no longer one guy working hard, with a few other guys helping out... Now its a large team of LXForums.com members who have been working behind the scenes for months to make this happen. This is gonna be big ladies and gents.

And depending on how Stuff goes down, what you see here may not be all there is. We MAY be adding more stuff to this Big Buck Shootout.

Stay tuned, brothers and sisters...

·
High Power Junkie
16,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MattRobertson said:
The Modifications Face-Off is no longer one guy working hard, with a few other guys helping out... Now its a large team of LXForums.com members who have been working behind the scenes for months to make this happen.
So very true Matt. I've listed the team members at the bottom of the first post. As I say there, without you, there is no Mods Face Off 5, plain and simple.

·
LX Padiwan
3,697 Posts
WOW!!!...Thanks for all your pioneering guys & gals.

·
Uber
517 Posts
This has been a labor of love for the team and with all of your enthusiasium and participation this will be an event to remember.

Show your support everyone: Fly out, drive out, :racing: tune-in online, whatever you can to see what these cars can do! Show off your ride, check out everyone else's, go head to head with your favorite member at the track and plan for a fun time. Good food, great cars, and even better people, I know I am looking forward to it.

·
NEED MORE MONEY FOR MODS
808 Posts
This going to be nice i can't wait to watch.Just liked to say thanks and i will be donating.:pepper:

·
See ya in anotha life brotha
14,677 Posts
CV - After talking the Andrew and hearing mor details about whats going on, I will be making every effort to make a showing to this event.

I am looking into flights and maybe a car.

BTW - whats the prefered airport for your area ?

-Robert

·
Premium Member
7,000 Posts
Damn sweet stuff... can wait till October ;-)

·
High Power Junkie
16,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RobAGD said:
CV - After talking the Andrew and hearing mor details about whats going on, I will be making every effort to make a showing to this event.

I am looking into flights and maybe a car.

BTW - whats the prefered airport for your area ?

-Robert
:beerchug:

Depending on how many days you plan to stay and what you want to do, I can't imagine a car being needed. Lots of folks have already come forward to offer up rides and such. As for airports, definitely Sacramento International. Its a full fledged airport and you should have zero issue finding flights in and out.

Keep me posted Rob! You get yourself out here, and we'll get ya where you need to be :grin:

·
I'll be back...someday
3,642 Posts
Wow, how bad I wan't to come to this you don't even know. But taking off for a week, my first semester at ASU probably isnt going to happen lol.

So what was the final decision on the port and polish for the 3.5L? Were the people willing to contribute, going to and Gameboy(I think it was him) going to cover the rest? I personally would rather spend 100 bux and see what type of gains it would produce than spend 1000 and it does nothing lol.

This even looks full of fun and knowledge. Can't wait to watch it on the webcam lol.

If I was somehow able to swing coming up there, is there a cutoff for registration or anything? What if the night before, I get a bug up my ass and decide to drive for 12 hours, can i? lol

·
High Power Junkie
16,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ASU_Magnum said:
Wow, how bad I wan't to come to this you don't even know. But taking off for a week, my first semester at ASU probably isnt going to happen lol.
Good boy.... but missing a Friday can't be all that bad, right? (This coming from a guy that showed up to class maybe twice; once the first day, and once the last day to take the final):pepper:

So what was the final decision on the port and polish for the 3.5L? Were the people willing to contribute, going to and Gameboy(I think it was him) going to cover the rest? I personally would rather spend 100 bux and see what type of gains it would produce than spend 1000 and it does nothing lol.
We're due to make the final decision tomorrow. But, based on the poll results thus far, honestly I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm actually bummed out a little bit; it'd be nice to get you V6 going on this stuff.

If I was somehow able to swing coming up there, is there a cutoff for registration or anything? What if the night before, I get a bug up my ass and decide to drive for 12 hours, can i? lol
Nope! Only considerations would be lodging (you'd be at the mercy of availability and full price) and food for Friday (unless we have some no shows or extra). Other than that, you're welcome to show any time! We'd love to have ya, thats for sure.

·
Uber
517 Posts
CoolVanilla said:
Good boy.... but missing a Friday can't be all that bad, right? (This coming from a guy that showed up to class maybe twice; once the first day, and once the last day to take the final):pepper:
Ahhh! And the bast...I mean my loving husband would still get A's. Meanwhile I was in class every day taking notes to get my A. :loser:

ASU-I'd be great to have you join us even for the last day or two!!! Otherwise you are stuck with me behind the webcam. :wink:

·
LX Padiwan
775 Posts
ratman1648 said:
why is it all the cool stuff happens in CA???:sad: :cry:
Right!! We need some love here in Texas!!
Anyway.. funds are on the way for you guys! Keep up the great work!

·
T.G.I.F.
24,289 Posts
CoolVanilla said:
So very true Matt. I've listed the team members at the bottom of the first post. As I say there, without you, there is no Mods Face Off 5, plain and simple.
I hope I didn't come off to folks as implying there wasn't any hoggiong of credit. What I meant was that this thing has been getting bigger and is now really BIG. You'll want to be there!

I'm prolly being just a worrywort but wanted to say it anyway.

Really looking forward to this. Haven't yet figured out how I am going to pull *another* week off work. I may do a little shuttling with a rental.

1 - 20 of 205 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.