LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
probably selling the cat soon.. have some other projects that I need to get done... I'm hopeful they can order me a scat but in the meantime I might take one of their r/t's that they have coming... and either keep it (if I can live with it) or I don't know..... I might be able to get a scat later but then I have to fight with my son as his scat is getting up there in mileage... and I already tried telling him he's getting an rt and he wasn't exactly thrilled with that plan LOL.. kids!

I'm not sure how this is going to be going from cat to rt but is there anything I can do like exhaust to at least give it a little something? can I put the vibrants in the mid section? i didn't see much on youtube only 1 that seemed to sound good, kind of like the scat. if so, are they the same 1794's? is the rt exhaust the same diameter etc?
or is something like flowmasters better?

or just leave it and hope they can get me a scat sometime soon.

• Wow
Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Super Moderator
2017 Charger Scat Pack. Procharged 426. 850ish on pump 93
5,426 Posts
I knew it wouldn't last lol

There isn't much you can do to the 5.7 to compete with the cat or the Scat for sound. I tried really hard with my 5.7, it just never sounded "right".

The new ones got the active exhaust and they do sound good. With the exhaust being identical to the Scats now, I'm sure it's the same Vibrants in the middle.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew it wouldn't last lol

There isn't much you can do to the 5.7 to compete with the cat or the Scat for sound. I tried really hard with my 5.7, it just never sounded "right".

The new ones got the active exhaust and they do sound good. With the exhaust being identical to the Scats now, I'm sure it's the same Vibrants in the middle.
Lol. I love the cat don’t get me wrong … but I need to move that money elsewhere these days… I just hope I can live with the rt… it’s a sweet deal money wise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
The R/T's sound pretty decent stock, actually, as they have the same exhaust as the Scat/Hellcat.
If you wanted it louder though, you could throw the Vibrants on it too (to replace the mid mufflers).

After having a 1 R/T and then 4 Scat Packs after that, I don't think I could go back to an R/T though.....and you have a Hellcat currently (for comparison)! lol
It's a nice car, but a totally different beast (or lack there of)

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The R/T's sound pretty decent stock, actually, as they have the same exhaust as the Scat/Hellcat.
If you wanted it louder though, you could throw the Vibrants on it too (to replace the mid mufflers).

After having a 1 R/T and then 4 Scat Packs after that, I don't think I could go back to an R/T though.....and you have a Hellcat currently (for comparison)! lol
It's a nice car, but a totally different beast (or lack there of)
Thanks and I know it will be a tough adjustment. But I might only be able to get one scat and it seems it’s more important now to my son so if I have to I might just keep the rt. I’m getting old and now care about the money aspect lol. At least this is what I’m trying to convince myself of

Reactions: punisher69

·
Registered
982 Posts
If you can at all wait, I would. As soon as all the production stops, your resale will jump through the roof. These cars used values have dropped back down from the pandemic high, so definitely not a good time considering what we know is about to happen to their value, especially the H/Cs.

I agree on the new R/Ts sounding really good. Almost like the SPs. Neighbor down the street has one, and it's not as loud but has the same general sound.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you can at all wait, I would. As soon as all the production stops, your resale will jump through the roof. These cars used values have dropped back down from the pandemic high, so definitely not a good time considering what we know is about to happen to their value, especially the H/Cs.

I agree on the new R/Ts sounding really good. Almost like the SPs. Neighbor down the street has one, and it's not as loud but has the same general sound.
I hear you... and I could wait... although if I want the RT I would have to take it as soon as it comes in that day... otherwise I have no replacement car available.. or I could skip the RT and ask them to order me a scat (not sure yet if they can or will with all this allocation last call bs) and just wait for it to come... but as I see now the prices are much higher on the new ones which takes away from the whole experience lol... a widebody now is MSRP around 55k with no options and even the skinny one is about 50k/49k... even with my deal... so the money is factoring in and my son is the other factor lol... I'd like to get him out of his current scat (my old green one) as it's at almost 50k now... guess we'll see what happens but in my mind I'm at peace with driving an RT (at least that's what I'm telling myself today)

I also have a lot of cash sitting in the cat that I would like to use elsewhere... it's not a "need" but it would help a good amount... the RT is literally 1/2 the price of the cat 40k vs 80k

·
Registered
Black Beauty 3.0 (06 300c 5.7)
11 Posts
probably selling the cat soon.. have some other projects that I need to get done... I'm hopeful they can order me a scat but in the meantime I might take one of their r/t's that they have coming... and either keep it (if I can live with it) or I don't know..... I might be able to get a scat later but then I have to fight with my son as his scat is getting up there in mileage... and I already tried telling him he's getting an rt and he wasn't exactly thrilled with that plan LOL.. kids!

I'm not sure how this is going to be going from cat to rt but is there anything I can do like exhaust to at least give it a little something? can I put the vibrants in the mid section? i didn't see much on youtube only 1 that seemed to sound good, kind of like the scat. if so, are they the same 1794's? is the rt exhaust the same diameter etc?
or is something like flowmasters better?

or just leave it and hope they can get me a scat sometime soon.
Are you going for stock scat sound or an obviously modded scat sound?

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you going for stock scat sound or an obviously modded scat sound?
Would just like the rt to have a little more sound that’s all

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dang man you change cars like I change socks, daily! If I swapped cars like that 56 years of marriage would have been 2! LMAO

OBTW - Click the image in my signature... 2010 5.7 Challenger Record Holder at the Texas Mile at 153.9. The 5.7 is no slouch.
It’s only because of the deal I have… plus I daily them For work, which is about 32k/year

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Thanks and I know it will be a tough adjustment. But I might only be able to get one scat and it seems it’s more important now to my son so if I have to I might just keep the rt. I’m getting old and now care about the money aspect lol. At least this is what I’m trying to convince myself of
Would you be making any money on the Hellcat at all, btw?

Side note though about the R/T, it's a nice car but the value will tank versus a Scat or a Hellcat (holding their value better).
Just something to think about.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Would you be making any money on the Hellcat at all, btw?

Side note though about the R/T, it's a nice car but the value will tank versus a Scat or a Hellcat (holding their value better).
Just something to think about.
I’ll get at least what I paid for the cat so that’s not an issue.

I am not paying retail for the rt , so while you’re right it would lose a lot more than a scat or cat, in my case it won’t because of my deal/situation.

I may only keep it until they can get me a scat although if the rt is ok I’ll probably just keep it. I would have to pay msrp for a scat so it’s not a great deal like the rt, but maybe I’ll keep the rt and just get the scat for my son to replace the f8 which has 45k on it.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Super Moderator
2017 Charger Scat Pack. Procharged 426. 850ish on pump 93
5,426 Posts
I’ll get at least what I paid for the cat so that’s not an issue.

I am not paying retail for the rt , so while you’re right it would lose a lot more than a scat or cat, in my case it won’t because of my deal/situation.

I may only keep it until they can get me a scat although if the rt is ok I’ll probably just keep it. I would have to pay msrp for a scat so it’s not a great deal like the rt, but maybe I’ll keep the rt and just get the scat for my son to replace the f8 which has 45k on it.

I'm just gonna be honest with you. I bust your chops a lot and it's all in fun. You and I move through cars like crazy. I'm currently grounded from buying/ trading anything for a while after the Rogue trade lol

If you get the R/T, coming from a Cat, you will NOT be happy....at all. You already know it or you wouldn't be toying with waiting for a Scat lol. (Just like me toying with selling the Beast for another project car)

Wait for the Scat. You still won't be happy, but you'll be happier than you will be with the R/T. Once you get that taste of power, you don't lose it.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm just gonna be honest with you. I bust your chops a lot and it's all in fun. You and I move through cars like crazy. I'm currently grounded from buying/ trading anything for a while after the Rogue trade lol

If you get the R/T, coming from a Cat, you will NOT be happy....at all. You already know it or you wouldn't be toying with waiting for a Scat lol. (Just like me toying with selling the Beast for another project car)

Wait for the Scat. You still won't be happy, but you'll be happier than you will be with the R/T. Once you get that taste of power, you don't lose it.
I know the loss of power will be missed but it’s really more of a free up money thing for now. House needs some major projects I’d rather feee up that money from the driveway.

They said I can take the rt until we order a scat but then the sons car comes into play. If I can only get one scar I’ll have to decide who gets it lol

And I know your just busting my chops lol

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it's also the mileage that I do. the cat has 16k and i can sell it for what I paid... so it was free for 6 months. not bad. the rt is literally less than half the price so it makes for a great daily for my situation. and I still have a charger that looks good and has a 345 CI... it was not the worst replacement... it beats a durango or GC which are the other ones that they'll probably get at some point..

but you all know me and at some point I'll probably get pissed LOL... maybe I'll just get a narrow scat if I can and just let me son keep the current one for as long as possible lol..

they are just so much more expensive now, which was one of the best things about a scat back in the day... I paid 47k for my widebody scat early in 21 with driver confidence, now that same car is about 57k... even a narrow SP msrp now is about 49-50k

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
but yea she will be missed for sure..
Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Vehicle

Reactions: punisher69

·
Registered
Black Beauty 3.0 (06 300c 5.7)
11 Posts
but you all know me and at some point I'll probably get pissed LOL... maybe I'll just get a narrow scat if I can and just let me son keep the current one for as long as possible lol.. they are just so much more expensive now, which was one of the best things about a scat back in the day... I paid 47k for my widebody scat early in 21 with driver confidence, now that same car is about 57k... even a narrow SP msrp now is about 49-50k
Just my input, you can let your son ride out the current scat as long he can, the 6.4’s now last very high miles with good maintenance/fluids (200,000 mi easily), that being said and having owned/own a variety of sports cars, the 5.7 isn’t a bad daily driver, and at least in my opinion, it doesn’t take a lot of mods to keep up with scats (LT headers, CAM, Tune, and a 3.09 LSD)… if you cared to mod it of course. And if you want more of an advantage with the 5.7 and you like the challenger look then that would be a better option performance wise (less weight), and to respond to your exhaust concern, if you just want to have more of a V8 sound then a mid muffler delete alone would be a good start, sounds like a stock scatpack to me.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts