LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently rebuilt my 2005 5.7 and put a new Melling high volume oil pump on it. I intended to use the pressure spring with the stock value, but that got overlooked and the pump still has the high pressure spring in it. The oil pressure switch/sensor was damaged during the rebuild and would only read 0 psi or 50 psi, so I replaced it. Now I get an engine light and a high oil pressure code.

How are you guys with HV/HP pumps remedying this?

· Get vaccinated!
16,333 Posts
Even with the high pressure spring installed - the engine management system does not report an over-pressure. So the PID must be reporting high for an extended period of time - then triggering a DTC.

is the oil pressure sending unit brand new? It is the correct PN? Note; even brand new specifically oil pressure sending units can be faulty.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Even with the high pressure spring installed - the engine management system does not report an over-pressure. So the PID must be reporting high for an extended period of time - then triggering a DTC.

is the oil pressure sending unit brand new? It is the correct PN? Note; even brand new specifically oil pressure sending units can be faulty.
It is a new "Standard" brand sending unit. I cleared the code twice and haven't had a recurrence in two weeks. If it becomes a regular issue, I'll get an OEM unit and see if that resolves it.

· Registered
2014 Chrysler 300 JVLE 5.7 AWD
25 Posts
I don't have any suggestions but I'm curious what oil pressure you're seeing?

· Get vaccinated!
16,333 Posts
80+ psi cold with the Melling pump is normal.

Reactions: Mongo300cSRTdesign
1 - 8 of 8 Posts