LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm losing oil by the $%[email protected] but I can drive normally and not lose any at all. I get under my car to see what on God's green earth is going on. I look up towards the rear of my engine where it meets with the tranny on the driver side I see this.
Automotive tire Rim Bicycle part Bicycle frame Bicycle fork

Brown Wood Snout Audio equipment Close-up

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Tread
Brown Wood Snout Audio equipment Close-up
Automotive tire Rim Bicycle part Bicycle frame Bicycle fork
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Tread

I can only assume that some sensor or plug goes there but I can't seem to find a damn thing online. Can you guys please let me know what goes here and if this possibly could be my problem when I am putting it under load and mashing it why I'm losing so much oil my car is covered with oil all under and it looks as if It's coming from this huge blowhole that has nothing in it.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Just a blind hole, nothing there.

Follow along block where oil pan bolts up. there is a spot where a truck dip stick tube would go into block, make sure there is a plug in it.

I used a truck block in my car and didn't plug hole, thought gasket covered it, only under under heavy load/RPM it would push oil out of it. Took me a while to figure that out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply going to figure this out. I was hoping it was something else before I drop the transmission and do this rear main seal job. Like an idiot the first time I dropped my pan I thought I was removing gasket maker in the back of the T joints that connect the rear main seal cover to the oil pan only to find out when I finally got off my back and got some more light that I had removed the damn gasket that comes down back there where you add the rtv at the joints. Blehh u live and you learn I guess. I think I need to get out of working at the infinitit shop so I can know more about these chrysler/dodge vehicles because very rare you see one come into the shop up at infiniti. Thanks again! Going to put it on the lift at work and do it up there DIY at the house is to much of a PITA I've realized when it comes to working on my 06 chrysler srt8

1 - 3 of 3 Posts