LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Thread Killer, Vote Stealer
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, here is the story. In March of 2005, I ordered a brilliant black SRT8 from Lithia (formerly Creveling) Dodge in Corpus Christi. It was to have every available option minus the engine block heater. As time passed, I feared the order would never be delivered - My salesman had told me there were many orders that would probably never be filled, and they are a relatively small dealership.

During this time, they managed to get their hands on an early-build MSRT8 that did not have the Kicker option - like I had chosen. With the prospect of maybe never seeing my custom order, I decided to purchase the showroom model in August 2005. For the most part, I have been a very satisfied customer, and I have no regrets.

A few months elapsed and by some miracle, Lithia received my ordered MSRT8. It sat in the showroom for a couple more months until a hapless victim came in and paid $5k over sticker. That means about $48k!!!! :eek:wned: He didn't keep it long though, and traded it in with about 700 miles on the odometer for a Ford pickup!

This is where ledfoot2 (http://www.lxforums.com/board/member.php?u=9325) comes in. He scooped it up for his wife to drive, but it just isn't big enough for their lifestyle. (BTW, one of their other vehicles is a Ford Excursion if this gives you any idea.)

Therefore, he is selling it with about 7500 miles. He has assured me it is still in perfect condition. He is only asking what he owes on the loan - $33k!!!! :rock: That is 10 grand off sticker for an SRT8 with almost no miles! If I didn't already have one, then I wouldn't tell you vultures. :wink: However, I would so like to see one of our own get their hands on it.:racing:

Please PM me if you would like Rayman's (ledfoot2) cell number.

·
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do you think I feel???

I paid full sticker for my SRT, and then the car I actually ordered becomes available for $10k under sticker????? :doh:

Hemi31 said:
You post this now!?!?!Dammit

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
F'in A! Anyone know what an '05 RT with 16,000 miles on it would be worth? If I could break even on that, hell yeah!

·
"There can be only one"
1,675 Posts
I was at my local dealer on Tuesday....they had an 05 STR8 300, with 18K miles, listing for $33K

·
Premium Member
7,643 Posts
bmartin9122 said:
How do you think I feel???

I paid full sticker for my SRT, and then the car I actually ordered becomes available for $10k under sticker????? :doh:
Yeah, but you got a new one. This one isn't new any more. There is 79% of the warranty left, and that is the approximate cost of the car at this point.

See, don't you feel better now?

·
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't feel bad - I have no regrets. (as stated above)

The car has only been titled for a few months. The warranty period began then.

·
Saving the world one leg at a time!
3,934 Posts
Every time one of you guys puts a MSRT8 up here for sale, I start thinking of what I could get for my RT and if it would be too much of a loss. The wife says ok, if the loss isn't too bad.

·
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"bump" for a fellow LXForum member.

·
<---- M for Mwaa Haa Haa
4,916 Posts
Hmmmm

What do you guys think #001 Charg-um R/T could go for???

I plan on building more of them, I just wished sometimes I had started with the SRT platform. Of course, if I had done that, then I wouldn't have been able to do the Charg-um in the first place....

Now my head hurts....

·
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have to admit - it IS a vicious cycle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.