LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
LX Padiwan
282 Posts
Well, I'd agree except the black is metallic and more closely resembles Dark Gray to me. But, its an easy target for a journalist looking to fill a column.

·
300 Posts
saw this in our local newspapaer's car section last month, I was gonna email them and let the writer know how I felt. but now I see they were just printing someone else's stuff. anyways, the guy who wrote it has no idea what he's talking about.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Magnum 007 said:
saw this in our local newspapaer's car section last month, I was gonna email them and let the writer know how I felt. but now I see they were just printing someone else's stuff. anyways, the guy who wrote it has no idea what he's talking about.
Yeah! Funky Vanilla? Fire Engine Red? Glad to see so much research was done before formulating an "opinion" :loser:

Nick

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
go easy... that poor writer probably drives a kia :)

·
Custom Ice Cream Eater
99 Posts
Ummmm....I have to disagree with this article....and I'm sure I'm not the only Brilliant Black owner that feels the same way! As for re-sale of my mag, not likely going to happen since I LOVE my car!!! Is it bad that it looks like a sporty Hurse? Lol!!! :blah:

·
Conspicuous Combustion . . .
6,084 Posts
I'll get hammered for this, but I think he was getting in touch with his feminine side. :bsflag:(had to fit that smiley in somewhere)
I think a lot of ladies see a black wagon as a hearse
(you know, they don't see cars in detail, they separate cars by color).
All except for the distinguished ladies in our forum, ahem.

We've had more lady friends bring up the hearse analogy about the Magnum.
Personally, I don't see it. (Or maybe I'm fooling myself -- I don't wanna see it???)

BTW, no disrespect to the other colors, but check all the polls on color in this forum --
IIRC Black is the unanimous #1 choice -- so how could this little journalist twit be so far off the mark????

·
Chocolate Thunder
100 Posts

·
LX Padiwan
858 Posts
I like the fact that it looks like a hearce!

It's dark, evil, and scary...

That's the whole point.

It's not your momma's station wagon.
It's a fire-breathing demon chariot!

:rock:

·
Two tons o' Hemi powered fun!
390 Posts
I love the black, almost regret I didn't get it instead of silver.

I had a 95 Caprice wagon that was silver, and it got called a hearse too; whatever.

·
LX Padiwan
896 Posts
Bring on the bodies. I will keep my black one, thank you.

bcdavis said:
I like the fact that it looks like a hearce!

It's dark, evil, and scary...

That's the whole point.

It's not your momma's station wagon.
It's a fire-breathing demon chariot!

:rock:

·
LX Padiwan
604 Posts
Dumba$$!:bsflag:

·
Registered
519 Posts
da BoMM said:
I'll get hammered for this, but I think he was getting in touch with his feminine side.
And probably sad that "Queer Eye For The Straight Guy" was just cancelled. :loser:

·
T.G.I.F.
24,289 Posts
ahhh. Its just some dipstick with a word processor. Paid to spout off and stir $hit up. If he generates 100 Letters to The Editor and gets his paper on forums like this he did his job well. Funky Vanilla indeed.

And yeah sure I get the hearse bit all the time. First thing my mom said when she saw it. Bring it on.

·
Vanishing Point
1,080 Posts
"Colour to get: fire-engine red. Red is the colour of love and lust. Red screams "sporty" (which the Magnum certainly is, especially when ordered with the SRT8 Hemi that produces 425 horsepower). Red says this ain't The Brady Bunch station wagon."

At first I wanted to scream :rock:

But, aside from the Aztec observation, do not agree with much else in the article, but to each his or her own. I think the LX cars look awesome in any of the color (or colour) offerings.

Mr. Menzies, :Na_Na_Na_Na:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.