LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a great deal on a set of chrome rims made by Maas.Its the style M52 or maybe the style M53.But for 22X9.5" rims with tires mounted and balanced is $1750 including tax.
Does anyone have thses rims?Please take at look at there site and let me know what yall think.
www.maaswheels.com either style M52 or M53.

·
Is it hot in here or is it just me?
2,080 Posts
The M53 is nice, but personally I like the M54 better. Have you considered that one and if so is there a difference in price?

·
All Black Everything!!!
6,115 Posts
does anyone take the weight of aftermarket wheels into consideration, as far as affecting performance too much etc...just wondering cause i have to see anyone ask about wheels weight around here, not knocking anyone in any way, just curious, as to oem wheel weight, from the SE up to r/t, so that it can be compared against the aftermarket wheel weight, and u know just how much more unsprung weight u are adding and or rotational mass as well..

thanks..

·
Aged to Perfection, Old Guys Rule!
922 Posts
bookeem said:
does anyone take the weight of aftermarket wheels into consideration, as far as affecting performance too much etc...just wondering cause i have to see anyone ask about wheels weight around here, not knocking anyone in any way, just curious, as to oem wheel weight, from the SE up to r/t, so that it can be compared against the aftermarket wheel weight, and u know just how much more unsprung weight u are adding and or rotational mass as well..

thanks..
It has been discussed quite a bit on other threads. For instance............

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=36260&highlight=wheel+weight

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=29948&highlight=wheel+weight

Those are two of mine. Do a search and you will find many more.

·
LX Padiwan
657 Posts
shane93nc said:
And also what tire size is best when running a 22" rim?
Shane,
The best tire size and most commonly used is 265/35-22. This size does a number of things well:

1. Reasonably low profile while maintaining comfortable ride quality and improving handling.

2. Keeps your speedometer and final drive ratio very close (within 3%) to stock.

3. Gives the right amount of extra width without causing clearance/rubbing problems.

4. It's a common size now and easy to find and get good deals on.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
VanillaRT4me said:
Shane,
The best tire size and most commonly used is 265/35-22. This size does a number of things well:

1. Reasonably low profile while maintaining comfortable ride quality and improving handling.

2. Keeps your speedometer and final drive ratio very close (within 3%) to stock.

3. Gives the right amount of extra width without causing clearance/rubbing problems.

4. It's a common size now and easy to find and get good deals on.
Thanks for that!That was what I was wanting to know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.