LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LX Padiwan
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I decided to add the 300C lower window sills and chrome mirrors. Not sure I like the chrome mirrors and my original thought was to have them color matched to the car. I was told the chrome would not accept paint very well, so may have to live with them being chrome OR have my stock SXT mirrors color matched:

·
Premium Member
16,581 Posts
I added the chrom lower sills to my car because I needed something metal there to paint. I got them in the mail and my paint shop guy sanded them down and painted them red so the line of the car is better.

You can see in my sig, the lower sill is color matched instead of black rubber like before.

·
LX Padiwan
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hazman said:
I like the chrome mirrors
Let me know if you want to TRADE...I'm looking to color match these and not sure the chrome ones will take paint. I can ship you these (I will put back my stock ones back on). Then I can get yours painted to match.

·
Blue Steel
204 Posts
Mirrors are looking good. Congrats.

Are your window sills replacements or just the chrome strip with 3M backing? I have replacements and need some help or advice.

·
LX Padiwan
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bluesteel said:
Mirrors are looking good. Congrats.

Are your window sills replacements or just the chrome strip with 3M backing? I have replacements and need some help or advice.
They are the replacements. Not too hard to install, although need to take door panel off to access screws. If you need help, I can give you some pointers.

·
Blue Steel
204 Posts
I found how to get the door panels off but I need more specifics for the sills. Most of the door panel removal threads in the KB forum deal with speaker installs. I appreciate all your advice. Thanks again.

·
LX Padiwan
644 Posts
LtlDad said:
Well I decided to add the 300C lower window sills and chrome mirrors. Not sure I like the chrome mirrors and my original thought was to have them color matched to the car. I was told the chrome would not accept paint very well, so may have to live with them being chrome OR have my stock SXT mirrors color matched:
Study the pictures in this file. If your mirrors are like those shown you can swap the covers out without even removing the mirrors.

As it turns out I have a pair of the painted covers. As I recall each has a small defect in the retention tabs that wouldn't be noticable installed.

·
LX Padiwan
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Robins_SXT said:
Study the pictures in this file. If your mirrors are like those shown you can swap the covers out without even removing the mirrors.

As it turns out I have a pair of the painted covers. As I recall each has a small defect in the retention tabs that wouldn't be noticable installed.
VERY INTERESTING.....not sure if I want to try to disassemble the mirror only to be frustrated when I accidentially break something. Thanks for the pic though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.