LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have searched a ton and am wanting feedback on ride quality and handling.
I keep seeing threads where people ask about springs and shocks and it just gets flooded with “buy coilovers.” Which is fine and everything for those that want them. But for those that don’t it’s not helpful. People have various reasons for wanting a specific setup, personally I want springs and shocks to maintain ride quality as this is my daily, I road-trip every few months and after 12+ hours I’d like to not feel like I went a round with Mike Tyson in his prime. Iv had bc, fortune auto, Silk Road, Megan, k-sport, tein, hks, kw v2’s, one set of blown motons, and a couple sets of eBay coilovers. They are great for adjustability but rarely can the be called comfortable.

So for those that are running springs and shocks: what is your setup? Specifically how is driving feel, and what is the comfort level. A price point would be helpful as well as how much of a drop, year of car shock/strut model and springs model.

I’m looking specifically for info on the 5.7 2015+ as weight does play a role in the variables of comfort and handling, but info on any year and sub model would still be of use. So toss up the info and post up pics if you have em.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I’ve had 2 Challengers (both started out with the Touring suspension) and 2 Charger Pursuits (both started out with whatever that crap-show of a suspension is called), and I’ve modified the suspension on all 4 (mostly aiming to lower the ride height) using many different make/model of coil springs and dampeners.

Some hardware combos were better than others, with these being my most favorite components of the bunch to run:

Dampeners - Bilstein consistently beat all the others I tried for my replacement shocks and struts.

Coil springs - running the SRT springs on my SE is tied with running the Mopar Stage 1 springs on my Pursuits. Both had the desired effect of dropping the ride height down and firming up the corners like I wanted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve had 2 Challengers (both started out with the Touring suspension) and 2 Charger Pursuits (both started out with whatever that crap-show of a suspension is called), and I’ve modified the suspension on all 4 (mostly aiming to lower the ride height) using many different make/model of coil springs and dampeners.

Some hardware combos were better than others, with these being my most favorite components of the bunch to run:

Dampeners - Bilstein consistently beat all the others I tried for my replacement shocks and struts.

Coil springs - running the SRT springs on my SE is tied with running the Mopar Stage 1 springs on my Pursuits. Both had the desired effect of dropping the ride height down and firming up the corners like I wanted.
I appreciate the info those are both about an inch lower riding correct?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I appreciate the info those are both about an inch lower riding correct?
That’s the estimated drop for the Stage 1s, but it was a little more for my Chargers. Closer to 1.5”, but both those started out at 4x4 ride height levels anyway, so it was a perfect amount to reduce on them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s the estimated drop for the Stage 1s, but it was a little more for my Chargers. Closer to 1.5”, but both those started out at 4x4 ride height levels anyway, so it was a perfect amount to reduce on them.
Thank you that is really worth looking into as a temporary fix for the monster truck issues.

·
Registered
83 Posts
For reference, here are some before and after pics of the Pursuit’s OE springs and the Mopar Stage 1s (I am quite certain you can tell which is which without me labeling them 🤓):

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Cloud
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For reference, here are some before and after pics of the Pursuit’s OE springs and the Mopar Stage 1s (I am quite certain you can tell which is which without me labeling them 🤓):

View attachment 89745 View attachment 89746 View attachment 89747 View attachment 89748 View attachment 89749
That would suck up the wheel gap fine with my 20's for now, at least until I can afford air. I really do appreciate the pictures and if the ride doesn't get worse that perfect.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yes Nuke, thanks for the pics! Your car looks great! I'm about to change springs and eliminate the nivomats. And yea, I wondered if the pursuits would drop lower 'cause they start out higher. Thanks for confirming this. I don't want to hurt the handling by going to a softer spring, so was wondering where I could find out what the stock rates are for my '09 Pursuit Charger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts