LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never done a sub install without rca's on the head unit. I know I just need a pair of converters, but is there anything special I should look out for? I'm selling my 2 12" rockford fosgates from back in the day when RF ruled the car audio world along with a massive ported enclosure, carpeted, plexiglass, the whole bit. They guy's paying me for the subs, a power acoustik sterling series 600W amp, and the install. So, I don't want to put equipment I know whoops @ss into his truck and have it sound bad becuase of a cheap converter, you know? Anyway, I found these so far...
http://cgi.ebay.com/CAR-STEREO-HIGH-LEVEL-TO-RCA-LINE-CONVERTER-12480_W0QQitemZ120015829518QQihZ002QQcategoryZ32808QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Anybody have any input on them? They look like just what I need. The only catch is I'm tapping into his rear speaker wires, essentially splitting that signal between the speaker and the converter. This works, right? I was going to do one per side and run the amp and subs stereo to keep it simple. Thanks for any wise words (dumb ones too, for that matter) :rock:

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
I don't think there will be any noticeable difference between convertors for what they are going to be used for. As far as getting the convertor, you can get one from best buy / circuit city / frys / local stereo shop for jsut about the same price as the ebay one, probably better quality too.
I think I have one lying around if you want it.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
You should have no trouble with that LOC and your current plan. I use the fixed level stinger LOC's that are on Ebay for $6 ($11 shipped) with good results. I just searched "Hi Lo converter". They are very simple devices and it is honestly tough to find one that doesn't work right.

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.