LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's as good as they say. the sound is amazing. 2-3 times louder. especially with the windows down. insane. btw, I watched IAT today vs yesterday and I saw ZERO difference so all that say it takes in hot air... real world I don't think so, at least in my case. it was also hot as ever to begin with today lol....

taking out the stock box and tube was a pain for sure, but worth it in the end. there is no way I could drive this car ever again without this. here's a few pics. just finished a few hours ago.

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Beautiful! Love my LMI. Beware that mounting tab right behind the filter there, it could wear a hole in the tube over time. On my 6.1 it wears on the filter, but not before I’ve already changed it.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beautiful! Love my LMI. Beware that mounting tab right behind the filter there, it could wear a hole in the tube over time. On my 6.1 it wears on the filter, but not before I’ve already changed it.
funny you say that, it did seem to rub sometimes and I too was worried it would scratch or worse crack the tube. for now I just put a small piece of double sided thick tape so that it's not 'sharp' against the tube. what is the real solution for this, if there is one?

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
funny you say that, it did seem to rub sometimes and I too was worried it would scratch or worse crack the tube. for now I just put a small piece of double sided thick tape so that it's not 'sharp' against the tube. what is the real solution for this, if there is one?
tough to say, but perhaps asearch for rubber end caps on Amazon or a small square of really dense black packing foam on the tube can prevent any issue without looking too bad. Or does the filtier slip a little further on, so that it contacts the metal band instead of the carbon fiber?

·
Super Moderator
5,361 Posts
Off topic but I tagged you in an exhaust post on Durango lol

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tough to say, but perhaps asearch for rubber end caps on Amazon or a small square of really dense black packing foam on the tube can prevent any issue without looking too bad. Or does the filtier slip a little further on, so that it contacts the metal band instead of the carbon fiber?
good thoughts. I'll have to look and play with it a little

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got lucky had one small piece of hydro turf left over and it was the exact size . Stuck it on at least it’s black and pretty thick. I think this solves the problem. Meanwhile my wife was like, what the heck are you doing as it’s kind of late lol but it was driving me crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Got lucky had one small piece of hydro turf left over and it was the exact size . Stuck it on at least it’s black and pretty thick. I think this solves the problem. Meanwhile my wife was like, what the heck are you doing as it’s kind of late lol but it was driving me crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nicely done! I didn’t even realize anything was there at first!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts