LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Does this smell like chloroform to you?
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my '05 Mag RT and my dealer is great. Having said that, they just replaced the regulator for the rear passenger side window again for the 2nd time in less than a year. My car has ZERO other problems but this particular bug seems to be a real PITA. I'm planning on keeping my Mag for a while and now I'm thinking I need to spring for the $1.200 for an extended warranty so I can keep getting this friggin' part replaced. This was a known issue with '05 300C and Magnums but I thought the first replacement was with a unit that fixed the problem. Well I can't complain I guess, I have not had any other problems with mine and I can drive down the highway with no hands and the car tracks straight. Your mileage may vary.

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
cadzilla74 said:
I love my '05 Mag RT and my dealer is great. Having said that, they just replaced the regulator for the rear passenger side window again for the 2nd time in less than a year. My car has ZERO other problems but this particular bug seems to be a real PITA. I'm planning on keeping my Mag for a while and now I'm thinking I need to spring for the $1.200 for an extended warranty so I can keep getting this friggin' part replaced. This was a known issue with '05 300C and Magnums but I thought the first replacement was with a unit that fixed the problem. Well I can't complain I guess, I have not had any other problems with mine and I can drive down the highway with no hands and the car tracks straight. Your mileage may vary.
I read somewhere that the back window motors were a known problem and that one of the reasons the motors seize is that they are less frequently used.

As part of my daily routine as I leave work - all windows go all the way down to let the heat out...

I'm on the fence with the warranty as well... but I'm almost certain I'll extend soon. It's peace of mind that makes it worth it to me.

·
Does this smell like chloroform to you?
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wbornio, I'm with you on using the windows. But I have a very happy dog who loves to go to the Fort Woof dog park in Fort Worth. At least once a week I lower the rears some for her to do her "nose out the window thing" on our way over there. It's an odd glitch but one I don't want to pay $300 a pop for out-of-pocket going forward. I've got a feeling the "extended warranty" may pay for itself if the motors/regulators on these windows are still defective. Your mileage may vary.

·
The King Nitwit!
9,974 Posts
From what I have been told is that the rear window regulator just simply has a design flaw, and when you have them replaced it is with one that also has the same design flaw. Good for about a year I guess. I have a 7 year extended warranty, so I guess I am good till then. I have had mine replaced once at 19,000 miles.

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
Parts are on order for mine as we speak. (plus a new seat belt assembly and rear floor strap)

·
LX Guru
14,153 Posts
I have had the same problem since day one. Only time it bothers is when I go thru Canadian customs. I tell them it's a Canadian made car and the damned window never works!

·
One More Mopar that all I want...OK
143 Posts
I'm heading to the dealership today to have my rear passenger window fixed also. I hate having strangers messing with my Mag. Its like going to the dentist, its a necessary pain but I still don't like it!

·
HEMI POWERED Road Warrior
1,013 Posts
Mine went out for the first time last week. I found a fix on the forum, beat the hell out of the door..not really....but the tap worked and the stuck window has not returned....yet. I talked to an electrical enigneer and he said to get some dielectric grease and put on the contact points, but I don't know about the innards of the door since I haven't had to take it off. Does anybody know if you can "safely" take the window motor apart and do it?

·
King of Logistics
567 Posts
I keep hearing that this is an issue with not being used as well... but it keeps happening on my '05 RT as well and I *DO* use the rear windows quite often since my beagle likes to fly his ears out the window as I drive him to classes.

It has happened on both rear windows, but the driver's side is the only consistant problem... I have yet to get it to the dealer when it's broken though. Ugh.

·
300 Posts
yeah, sigh....

every time I take mine in to the dealer, it works when I get there. now I just drive there when it's not working.

Cheaper nthan an extended warranty I guess.:wink:

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
Mine get stuck every 2 weeks or so, that's why I lower the rear windows once in a while to get them working, sometimes they don't, I just have to click the switch hard a few times and it works fine, just have to live with it I guess.

·
rice eatin bad azz wagon
940 Posts
Both rears stopped a few months after purchase. Dealer fixed both, one was bad connector other worked when tested. Drivers side still stops occasionally, but opening the door and shutting it jars it back everytime. I use my windows a lot since I dont like a/c too much. Ive been waiting for it to stop during the week so the dealer can check it again. I always fix it on weekends because i put them down at car shows. Im wondering if it has something to do with the different style weatherstripping sticking to the glass if not used all the time ?? I dont like that rubber impregnated felt they use on them... prefer good old fashioned rubber.

·
LX Padiwan
255 Posts
That window has not been down in about a year now. Nobody ever rides back there, so until it bugs me too much it will stay up. Sounds like a recall needs to be issued, but probably would cost the manufacturer too much $.

·
rice eatin bad azz wagon
940 Posts
if you drive with your front window down, you know how bad it blows you out of the car. Putting the rear down, even a few inches almost totally stops that.

·
rice eatin bad azz wagon
940 Posts
Try it. If i lower just the front windows, it even blows a hat off my head. with rears down a few inches, it dont even muss whats left of my hair....

·
TR IIAWAH
1,602 Posts
Magnum 007 said:
yeah, sigh....

every time I take mine in to the dealer, it works when I get there. now I just drive there when it's not working.

Cheaper nthan an extended warranty I guess.:wink:
haha, samething happens to me....murphy's law????????? that BASTARD!!!!!!

·
TR IIAWAH
1,602 Posts
is there a TSB on this????? I only have a little over 6000 miles on my 05 this crap really bothers me. "WE" paid good hard earned money for these cars and this is not a problem we should have to "deal with". WTF??????????

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.