LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, if you have been watching these threads on this combo car, we have been doing a little bit more everytime. We started at 14.2 @ 97 a month ago.

Last night, 91 degrees in Florida here:

1.92 sixty footer
81.7mph
103.91mph

Man we are stoked! We only got one pass due to somebody spilling tranny fluid all over the track. So we did not get to try anything different or cool the car down. We launched the drag radials at 1800rpm and had 32lbs in them. Bob ran a Yellow Daytona Charger, who ran 15.28 @96. That guy wasn't real happy for some reason. The Charger goes to Lakeland Track tonight for holeshot tuning.
This car easily has a 12 sec all motor cold pass in it. Especially since we are on the scowl for finding gears for you guys. Oh yeah, here is the combo again in case the threads have not been seen:

KRC Extrudehone heads, Comp Springs TI retainers
KRC 210LX Cam (212LX), non MDS lifters
Dynatech Coated headers/cats
Borla 5" Tip exhaust
Superchips Flashpaq Controller
Airaid intake
BFG Drag radials

One the car settles down into a time frame and is stuck there, I have a very neat mandrel bent cold air intake tube that routes below into the opening and a spring shim mod I'll do. Later fellas!!!

·
Premium Member
7,000 Posts
*WOW*

Sweet!

·
Premium Member
7,000 Posts
That is really sweet...

I think the Daytona had problems launching, as 15.xxx at 96 mph seems weird... seems like it should have been in the 14.5/14.7 range for that speed....

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think they all forget the ESP. Bob drove another one for some guy last week who could only get 14.5 and Bob ran 14.1 in the guys car launching at 1100rpm no ESP. The guy got back in and ran 14.6.

·
Premium Member
7,000 Posts
Well,

This all is very exciting news...

Keep up the good work!!!!

·
Fastest N/A 5.7L Magnum around!!! SOLD!
2,837 Posts
msdnga said:
Thanks Mike, I been eyeball'n your sixty foot for a month wondering how that wagon hooks!
Believe it or not man i used to try and hook at around 1200-1300. Anything more and my tires would spin like crazy. One day i said hell with it and tried a 1800-2000 or so launch. The sob grabbed. I don't know why. I will not launch at anything less no matter what. It seems that anything between 1300 and 1800 and my car will just not hook. Only hooks below 1300 or so and above 1800 till around 2200. Weird huh. I have tried this with my old set of BFG KDW2's and now with the Toyo proxes 4. They both have had similar results. Stall her up a bit, but don't hold there for too long. Build up slowly and at the last second get around 2000 or so and see what happens. I found that holding at 2000 for too long and the car bogs and or will spin.

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
msdnga said:
We started at 14.2 @ 97 a month ago.

103.91mph

KRC Extrudehone heads, Comp Springs TI retainers
KRC 210LX Cam (212LX), non MDS lifters
Dynatech Coated headers/cats
Borla 5" Tip exhaust
Superchips Flashpaq Controller
Airaid intake
BFG Drag radials
Damn, that is nice. I'm exactly where you were (14.18 @ 96) with just Zoomer's.

13.44....:rock: :not_worth :rock:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Size - P265/40R18/LLRim Size - 9.0-10.0Compound - N/ADiameter - 26.2Section Width - 10.9Tread Width - 9Circumference - 82.3Tube or Tubless - tubeless. These are on the stock rim, measured at 25.75" for us. What a difference!

·
Fastest N/A 5.7L Magnum around!!! SOLD!
2,837 Posts
msdnga said:
Size - P265/40R18/LLRim Size - 9.0-10.0Compound - N/ADiameter - 26.2Section Width - 10.9Tread Width - 9Circumference - 82.3Tube or Tubless - tubeless. These are on the stock rim, measured at 25.75" for us. What a difference!
That changes the back gearing to about a 3.13 (i think). How much do you think this new gearing is helping maybe 3 tenth??

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am unsure with only one pass from our 13.6 on 27.25" street tires Mike. Give me another week of running them, and we can average it out.

·
LX Newbie
2,905 Posts
great time. it looks like you gained 80Hp. it would be nice to see the DA with the timeslip so we can compare the actual differences in the runs. we really don't know if the DA was 100' or 10000' that could be a full seconds difference right there.

after i install the 212 cam, i will post the before time, before corrected time, after time, after corrected time, and the true gains from just the cam change. then i will see you about those heads. i got to have those heads too. things are starting to look really good for these cars.

i want 3.55 gears. did you say something about gears?????

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mikes car is also the quickest wagon 5.7 I have seen, this combo would put him in the low 13teens solid. All day long.

Don't beat around the bush MomsR/T and get caught up in our quickest ET posted. Look at the before and after of the car. This car never could have been in the 13 teens in previous trim. Only with slicks would he broken that with 14.06 best cold weather. Bolt on's in Florida will only get you a 14 second pass Boss.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.