LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
fool in search of wisdom
5,863 Posts
65standard said:
alrighty then, a great announcement for my 1000 post.

i started to swap out my cam for a new KRC 212LX cam tonight. i put in a little less than 2 hours tonight. looks to be about an 8 hour job. everything looks pretty easy so far.

i just got my car back together saturday after finishing my ram-charger setup and now it is back in pieces. can you believe it. i will keep you posted with my progress.
Done yet??
:racing:

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
Sure, I would have stopped over and held your ice tea for ya;)

Don

·
1SG Retired
339 Posts
You are a brave man doing this again. What about warranty issues since you have to use the Flashpaq to increase your redline? I mean you can't have car programmed when you take it to the dealer for service, or can you?

Well good luck; I like everybody else will be watching this thread with great intrest. I hope this cam is everything they advertise, it will give the rest of us hope for our quest for "MORE POWER".

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
What time do you want your cup holder there:)

Don

·
Registered
416 Posts
Bear, all he has to do is return the flash to stock before he goes into the dealer for any service or updates to the factory ECU. The only thing they will pick up on is ramdom logged misfires on and off, which he can simply tell them is bad spark plugs.!!

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
I haven't kept up w/KRCs CAMs so bear w/me here.

Is MDS intact and is the flash from KRC or SC?

That's a big job hope it goes well Tony. Looking forward to the results and details of this venture.
Here's to ya! :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
16,511 Posts
This one has me ears perked up!!!
WIsh I could be there with a good set of hands and a big jug of Southern Style sweet tea!

·
High Power Junkie
16,628 Posts
Yowsa Tony. You're nuts! Not really, just sayin... hope you can answer a few questions if you have a minute:
  1. So how long would you guess a full competent shop with a full set of equipment/tools needs for a job like this?
  2. Anything needing replacing that doesn't come with the cam? In other words, do you have a parts list of what is also needed to make this swap?
  3. So far so good? No unforeseen gotchas?

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
Damn, sorry Tony, just saw this. Packing for my trip to Detroit tomorrow:( Hows the paver project coming;)

Don
65standard said:
check out the difference in the cam lobes.

alrighty, i have to go back to work on my car. hey Don, pull in the back overhead door and bring something cold with you. tony

·
AG Strek
3,082 Posts
I used to swap cams all the time in my 68' GTO.....the hemi now looks like rocket science!!

·
<==XTRP8R===
599 Posts
In truth, the procedure is fairly straightforward. The hard part is getting access to the front of the engine (and replacing all the pieces afterward). See THIS STEP-BY-STEP procedure for cam changeout in the small block HEMI engine.

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
Good luck getting it buttoned up Tony, sorry I couldn't make it over there tonight.

Don

·
PPP-Tech
634 Posts
:popcorn: :?: :?: :bump:

1 - 20 of 196 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.