LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok -

My first legit kill.

On way to NoVa M&G - Maggies all shined up to perfection... RUSH blarin' and as they all start... I was minding my own business cruising in 3 lane traffic around 35-40 when all of a sudden , like moses parting the sea, a stretch of traffic opens up in all 3 lanes for 1/4 to 1/2 mile before the next light. I'm just starting to open it up a bit, maybe 1/2 throttle to pay appropriate homage to the acceleration Gods for blessin' me with such a nice opportunity... I get it up to 50MPH and and I'm overtaken by an Audi. Now ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I ask 'what would you do in this situation?' I let him get 3 car lengths up, and I prolly would have been content to let him go, but I noticed the badging on his car... Audi A4 1.8 OK - The best analogy I can come up one where a wounded limping wildebeast walks up to a sleeping lion and punches it in the nose and tries to run away. I recognized the poor , defenseless creature and decided to take it down. Hard. WOT And in 10 - 15 seconds I was 8 car lengths up on him by the time we hit the light. I got the #1 spot in the middle lane and the AUDI had to settle for his choice of the #2 spot in lane 1 or 3.

I know there are AUDI's out there that would not be 'wounded wildebeast' - like the TT - anybody have any experience with them?

·
LX Padiwan
455 Posts
the TT's, unless they're the 3.2L 250 hp V-6, would be a good match as well. The regular TT's come with 180 and 220 hp and their 0-60 times are around 6 - 6.5 seconds, similar like ours... but on the highway, there is no substitute for the 5.7L of torque and power of our hemi's. Especially if the TT's are the manuals where most likely you won't be facing the slickest shifter on the planet... they shouldn't provide much trouble. If they're the quattros from a stop they would probably outlaunch you, but other than that in terms of straight line speed we should have the heads up...

Now when the roads get twisty... well that's a different story.

(Nice kill by the way)

·
You last visited: 06-06-06
529 Posts
There are three different guys at work with various models of the S4. A S4 4.2 V8, a S4 twin turbo V6, and a 1.8T stage 2 S4.
Two of us have Magnum R/T's.
Of course, being the good Euro owners that they are, they thought there cars were untouchable next to a station wagon, HEMI or not.
The first kill took place when my friend LEX, ( a LX forum member) took on the S4 4.2 V8. The S4 owner had talked up his car so much that he had LEX convinced the S4 would win. Well, out of 2 runs the Mag beat him by car a couple of car lengths in a 1/4 to 1/2 mile stretch.
The second race was me against the twin turbo. He actually ran side by side with me to about 100 mph and we ran out of room. Neither car ever was ahead. I can settle for a draw. I actually thought the twin would take me.
As for the third car, the stage 2 1.8T, after seeing the other races he has yet to step up to the plate. He probably doesn't want to suffer the same fate as the rest of the guys.
Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
Tedman5 said:
The first kill took place when my friend LEX, ( a LX forum member) took on the S4 4.2 V8. The S4 owner had talked up his car so much that he had LEX convinced the S4 would win. Well, out of 2 runs the Mag beat him by car a couple of car lengths in a 1/4 to 1/2 mile stretch.
Nicely done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.