LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Formerly known as CANDYAPPLE
9,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that U.S. pricing on the Magnum in Inferno Red was listed at $150 upcharge for 2005 and $225 for 2006. In Canada, there was no upcharge for any colour....just wondering why????

·
9,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just Wondering

Yeah O.K. but besides that???? Maybe it has to do with all the commercials being Inferno Red Magnums and the marketers all felt there was an opportunity in the Excited States to bring in a few extra bucks. This in no way is intended to cast any aspersions on all our U.S. fellow members.

Cheers Candyapple

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
I assumed it was a three-stage paint instead of a 2...

·
Wish I were in Wonderland
510 Posts
it IS a 3 stage paint.....not sure if that is why....my "Dealer" told me there was an up-charge because there were so many fewer models produced in Inferno than in any other color....

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
well, they're all three if you count the primer... but i thought the inferno was base, mid, clear, instead of just base, clear, like the others.

·
Alter ego of MyMaggieMae...
11,785 Posts
I'm sure it's a marketing ploy. They know if they tack an extra charge on, that us gullible people will think we're getting something special and pay the extra money. Worked on me! :mrgreen:

·
I love my magnum!!!!!!
5,943 Posts
My window sticker for an 2005 said $225 for the Inferno.

besides, why would someone get a slower color? <G>

·
510 Posts
thewagon said:
My window sticker for an 2005 said $225 for the Inferno.

besides, why would someone get a slower color? <G>
My thoughts exactly......everyone knows that Inferno is the fastest color......

·
510 Posts
ASU_Magnum said:
ah heeeeelll noo lol

even a silver sxt could beat an inferno rt :p
I agree..... A silver SXT could beat a ........ huh...what....how did I get here.....I MUST have been having a dream....well....back to bed......:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

·
First AWD LX in the 12's N/A
8,067 Posts
I guess they figured that the Canadians get upcharged for EVERYTHING else, so......

·
rice eatin bad azz wagon
940 Posts
That would all be news to me. My buddy had an Inferno Red and didnt pay any more for it than any other color on the lot. Ive painted a few in my shop and its a simple 2 stage, basecoat/ clearcoat color.

edit to add...at least around here, Inferno Red is the most popular color. Of all of them I see on the road over half are that color. Maybe its a location thing.

·
From the Sunshine of the Caribbean M#581
1,081 Posts
The 2005 Deep Lava Red from the 300C also had the $150 upcharge.

·
Gone Fishing
1,272 Posts
rogerdoger said:
That would all be news to me. My buddy had an Inferno Red and didnt pay any more for it than any other color on the lot. Ive painted a few in my shop and its a simple 2 stage, basecoat/ clearcoat color.

edit to add...at least around here, Inferno Red is the most popular color. Of all of them I see on the road over half are that color. Maybe its a location thing.
Read The window sticker its on there.
Someone once gave me a story that the "surcharge" was because it was Dodges new flagship color, not that I believed him. I believed it was for the tinted clear till they did away with that.

·
I'm releasing the flying monkeys!
1,468 Posts
DC does it for the same reason a dog will lick it's .....
Because they can.

·
9,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If it was DC's new flagship colour, that must be an old line...it's been around since 2000. I recently traded in my 2002 Intrepid ES in Inferno Red on the same colour Magnum SXT. Love the colour!!

Cheers Candyapple (O.K. it's really Inferno Red)

·
rice eatin bad azz wagon
940 Posts
Ive got to go to the dealer to pick up some stuff this morning anyway. I think Ill take a look at some of the window stickers. There is no real reason for it to be higher, the Inferno Red basecoat is actually one of the cheaper reds as far as buying the paint goes. Other reds have cost me almost twice as much per quart. The only reason that a surcharge could be legit is if the color is hard to come by and in short supply as far as Im concerned.

·
rice eatin bad azz wagon
940 Posts
Poco Askew said:
DC does it for the same reason a dog will lick it's .....
Because they can.
I just got back from my dealer. I asked the manager about this charge. I looked on their showroom and sure enough $225 for ONLY Inferno Red. Im told its is now a tri stage color by my paint store. I know some I did was not tri stage and matched perfectly so I give up...dont know whats goin on. I couldnt find a left over can to check the number damn it. :sad:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.