LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Halifax Magnum
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. Just got my JEt Stage 2 chip. Beside put premiun fuel in the car is there any other things i should do that the manuel might not have said. I hear there is a different thermostat? Anybody know where i can get one?

Zoomers exhaust is coming but i am going to put the chip in and just not drive it to hard. I cant what!!!!!

Anybody have any other engine mods beside Exhaust,CAI, and Chip?

Later Eric

PS. An SXT with CAI will run pretty much even with a Audi TT convertable with the small engine and the auto Transmisson. Found that out last night ;). First time i floored it off the line.

·
I'll be back...someday
3,642 Posts
I would probably wait to put the chip in until you get teh cai and the exhaust. performance will probably suffer in the time being, not having the required stats.

·
Absent From Malaise
4,553 Posts
Ric DeMos said:
Hey. Just got my JEt Stage 2 chip. Beside put premiun fuel in the car is there any other things i should do that the manuel might not have said. I hear there is a different thermostat? Anybody know where i can get one?
Check and see if you have the severe cooling option installed. If you do then you will already have the 180 degree thermostat.

·
LX Padiwan
386 Posts
I don't have a Jet chip 2, (waiting on Morpheus) But it calls for CAI, 180 Thermo, & here's the trick, "free flowing exhaust". Most people just slap on a cat back but to me that's only a piece of the exhaust, I would think that means; headers, high flow cats AND cat back to achieve optimum results & the scavenging probably needed to benefit. Am I alone in this school of thought?

·
Halifax Magnum
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ummm

I have a Zoomers Exhaust on the way. They tell me it was designed to run with the jet chip. In terms of headers, i have not been able to find any. ANybody have headers?? Later

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Ditto

ASU_Magnum said:
I would probably wait to put the chip in until you get teh cai and the exhaust. performance will probably suffer in the time being, not having the required stats.
NO Synergy if you do the chip first

Chas

·
I'm not speeding......I'm qualifying
5,266 Posts
I have Stage 2 chip and Zoomers single exhaust (and K & N Aircharger intake), and I love the chip. Noticeable gain in performance and reduced throttle lag. Well worth the $$$ (at least at this altitude it is).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.