LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Quest for 13's
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a cat back system. Does any one have the JBA. If anyone does what are your thoughts. The sound clip on HHP sounds mean. Do the tips stick out far? I like the stock flush with bumper look.

·
I'm releasing the flying monkeys!
1,468 Posts
I have 'em on my Magnum AWD and love 'em. They are fairly loud on accelleration and above 2K RPM. You can hear the MDS easily. The only time I wish they were a little quieter is on a long freeway cruise at 65 - 75 MPH.

The tips stick out about 1" past the cutouts in the rear facia, but stick out less than the vertical surface of the bumper - about the same as stock, if I remember correctly.

Build quality, fit and finish are excellent, IMO. :thumbs_u:

·
Quest for 13's
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback Poco Askew. Do think the JBA system realizes the same HP gains as the Borlas and Magnaflows? I see you removed the side moldings. Looks great. Is this a DIYS job or do I need to go to a body shop?

·
I'm releasing the flying monkeys!
1,468 Posts
magawd said:
Thanks for the feedback Poco Askew. Do think the JBA system realizes the same HP gains as the Borlas and Magnaflows? I see you removed the side moldings. Looks great. Is this a DIYS job or do I need to go to a body shop?
I've not seen any dyno/track info to confirm this but, "Yes." None of the catback systems will provide a big boost in HP, but will help more when combined with other breathing mods. Since there are no resonators on the JBAs (which is why they sound so good, IMO), they should have equal or less restriction that the others and are all SS.

The shaving is def a DIY. You should do some searches and read up on it - lots of threads on the subject. A few folks have had bubbles or ghosting in their paint under their mouldings. I was lucky. A shop would run into the same potential problem. No one has figured out what causes it for sure on one car but not the next. It's a simple enough job - it just takes a couple/few hours. Good luck!

·
Survived 2017 ... 2020 or Bust ...
5,309 Posts
Poco Askew said:
They are fairly loud on accelleration and above 2K RPM. You can hear the MDS easily. The only time I wish they were a little quieter is on a long freeway cruise at 65 - 75 MPH.

The tips stick out about 1" past the cutouts in the rear facia, but stick out less than the vertical surface of the bumper - about the same as stock, if I remember correctly.

Build quality, fit and finish are excellent, IMO. :thumbs_u:
I agree with all the above. But after driving my Chevelle with the Flowmaster system, this exhaust is pretty tame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.