LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time again for our annual vacation to Lake Belle Taine in beautiful northern Minnesota. Our cabin is located about a mile or so from the town of Nevis, MN, (http://www.nevismn.com/) about 12 miles east of Park Rapids or 97 miles east of Fargo, ND for those who know the area.

This has been a tradition for my family, as well as my in-laws. We go up, relax and do nothing for a week in cabins set 10 feet from darn near the clearest lake I have ever seen. We always go on the first Saturday of August because on the first Sunday the blink-and-miss-it settlement of Dorset (http://www.dorsetmn.com/) has "The Taste Of Dorset", a street festival where all the restaraunts set out their wares for sampling at very cheap prices. Plus there is cheap beer, which of course I like.

An outing we usually do, and one that my boy may apprieciate more now that he is almost 8 is a day trip to Itasca State Park which contains Lake Itasca, the birthplace of the Mississippi River. It is amazing the splash around and swim in water that at one time (and arguably still is) the lifeblood of this nation.

Anyway, I'll be gone for a week, and I have a feeling the week will go by much too fast.

·
Premium Member
6,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
moparman53 said:
I bet that water's cold. Have fun and be safe.
It sure is in the morning, but it is a good eye opener! ;)

When the sun has been on it all day, it isn't bad at all. Great way to cool off.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Northern Minn. is just beautiful this time of year, as long as the mosquitos don't haul you off! After all... they are the state bird! ENJOY!

·
GOOD MEAT TAKES A LONG TIME!
21,543 Posts
Have a relaxing vacation Matt. Post your address and directions and we'll join you and your family.
Do you have parking for 500 LX's? :friday:

·
Premium Member
6,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GoofyTimL said:
Northern Minn. is just beautiful this time of year, as long as the mosquitos don't haul you off! After all... they are the state bird! ENJOY!
My wife is a skeeter buffet, while I am one of those lucky folks who taste horrible to the little bastards. She hates it too. :)

·
Premium Member
6,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'M BUTWEET DAMMIT said:
Have a relaxing vacation Matt. Post your address and directions and we'll join you and your family.
Do you have parking for 500 LX's? :friday:
We can make room. :banana:

·
Premium Member
6,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DMAG said:
Have a blast Matt! Stay out of the bathroom stalls with the liquor though. :wink:
You always ruin all my fun! :friday:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.