LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
LX Padiwan
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the news I was waiting for my pistons from trick performance arrived, and I got a chance to see them and my rods for the first time. The new pistons were designed to be thinner on the bottom so that the ring land up top could be big and compared to my old pistons the ring lands are huge. They are jet black and just mean looking, I guess the delay was in the custom build, the final product is rated for well over a 1000Hp, I was told I would not be able to put enough power out to even begin to strain them.

The rods are a work of art in themselves the stock rods taper in as you move along them my new ones, flare out and have more thickness to them then the stock rods, the connectors are thicker then stock by quite a bit, my bearings, gaskets, etc... are also alot thicker then the stock parts. I got to put my hands on the twin 15lbs bottles and smiled just thinking about it being hooked up to the new fogger system. My custom springs for the new cam we are going to try, looked awsome, The only thing left to come in are the non-mds lifters.

The car goes in to the shop next monday, and when done will have forged engine, 200-300 shot of nitrous :rock: , ported heads, ported intake, Kook long tube headers and hi flow cats, custom KRC program, new cam, Hotchkis stage 1 kit, corsa exhaust, no more mds, and BFG, 18" drag radials. Then I am done until I can think of something else to do lol. After all these months I am just a week away from finally making this a car that is going to be hard to touch on the track.

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
Good luck with it, hopefully you'll keep us informed as you go, with TONS of pics:)

Trick made the pistons, who made the rods?

Don

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.