LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
LX Padiwan
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright you guys, my interrior will be started tomorrow and its time to order my system so i can have my box coverd n that material, What i have in mind is either 4 12" solobarics with a orion 2500d or 2 15"s solobarics with also the orion 2500d, what you guys think i should do

·
LX Padiwan
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i saw, problem is He has the L5's im looking in to L7's, i was going to ask him about that amp tho that kicker 1200s a mean one

·
No this isnt me! HAHA
817 Posts
ok let me give u a little advice.... i had 2 15l7 in the back of my saturn (dont laugh) hooked up to 2 kicker kx1200.1 amps strapped and it was loud ok...but when i got my magnum i decided to run 4 12in square subs and remember i was a die hard kicker fan ive had solo xs, 10s 12s 15s in l5 and l7s and absolutley loved kicker and planned on using 4 12l7s, until they went to circuit city and sold out by cheapening there pruduct (they kinda had to so they could up the pruduction #s substantially) and i found a really nice comparable square sub made by hifonics. its the 12in atlas and itll blow the h3ll outa the kicker subs its much cleaner(compared to the muddy sounding kickers i had) and louder. and if ur goin for loud ur gonna wanna do the 4 12s over the 2 15s. my 15s had a little (very minor) more low end but the 12swere much louder, i had them hooked up to a hifonics colossus 3200w rms amp. (hence the sn)
so plz do ur self a favor and switch to hifonics. heres some pics of both setups

backseat of saturn
and the neon is in the rear deck

back of the mag old install

new install night/day pics

and the 10in solox i had

ps with my four 12s i popped the sunroof out and the dealer had to put it back, in so be careful. our cars dont have the ridgid roof support that suvs have, so the flex in the roof is just crazy.

Again if i didnt think the hifonics subs were a better product i would stll be using kicker, its not that everything they make is bad cause i would still use the solox line if i wanted pure spl power...but i dont nemore which is y i downsized to only 2 12s sealed and im using one of my old 1200.1s to run them.

all systems purchased and installed by sound decision in il
sounddecisioninc.com famous for the waterfall magnum, evil z24, waterfall durango, and the bubble bimmer. sorry for the plug but these guys deserve every bit of it!

·
LX Padiwan
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but are you telling me to switch 2 hifonics amps and the sub or just subs, i heard they have some monster amps, well i had kickers before 2 15"s with a 3600 ma audio in a sealed amp, sounds like you kno your stuff have you heard of RE AUDIO? It just passed my mind mayb use them for subs the MT model 15"s 2 of them what you think, my ears are open and yes im planing on porting it if your wondering

·
GOOD MEAT TAKES A LONG TIME!
21,543 Posts
Son.....if the damned train horn didn't make you deaf, four 12" subs will! Lol!

·
No this isnt me! HAHA
817 Posts
sweet! im just suggesting to use the subs if you wanna use the amps 2 thats great they do have some extremley nice amps at the time i got the colossus it was the top of the line hifonics (i got a sweet deal on it from the owner of maxxsonics because he was upgrading to the prototype goliath and my local shop was doin the install so i was able to snatch it up real cheap) but now theyve got the 5000wgoliath and 10000w maxximus. Truthfully ive never personly used RE ive heard good things but never used them so i wont give an opinion on them cause i dont have one. And i cant stand when some comes out saying how great something is if theyve never owned it to know the dollar to worth ratio. But anyway good luck and i cant fn wait to see what craziness uv got up ur sleeve for this.

ps the spl bug has bitten again and im planning on getting either the new caliber or jeep compass and just doing a wall of 10s or 12 and using the goliath amp.

·
LX Padiwan
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks what 12"s are you planing on using the set up you have now is nice real real clean, im not going to lie 2 you i want my rear windshield wiper to bounce like if theres a bomb going off in my magnum

·
LX Padiwan
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright i thinks today the day ima order the system, any1 know if the new kicker solobarics L7's and diffrent from last years model ( the silver 1) because i can get a awsome deal on the silver 1s brand new

·
HEMI Kitty's chew toy: the Blue Oval
2,546 Posts
Since your asking for opinions…

outlawchico151 said:
what you guys think i should do
Well, since you asked;
The first thing you should do is PM (that means privet message) the respected forum member magnumdude, and apologize for under cutting him in an unethical fashion with your eBay seat sale.
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=37007&page=4

Secondly, you should make a public apology for not answering any of the questions that several of the forum members here made to you directly.

Not only is it just plain rude, that's not the sprit of the LX Forums and how we treat each other here. Look what's going on in the thread you started here; Your asking for help and people are reaching out to support your quest to better your Magnum. Pretty dammed cool!

Just something to think about how we treat others here... including you.
Since you asked. :wink:

Oh and by the way - good luck on your subs. I hope they sound as good as your Magnum looks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.