LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
LX Newbie
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm debating to run nitrous in this 5.7 daytona, the zex nitrous kit is what i'm interested, in i've been looking at it on HHP, just want to know the ups and downs of it if it's worth the money, i know it's best performance you cant get for the dollar as far as horsepower is concerned, gotta bunch of a kids that want to race me with their mitsh-evo and honda-civ's that have turbo's in them!, I'm thinking of going with a 125 shot! just would like to know your knowledge and opinions before I drop this money! thank you!:not_worth

·
I'll be back...someday
3,642 Posts
i was going to run nitrous in mu 3.5l. since then I have decided not to throw anymore money into the car but i did research the zex kits(specifically) and everything I read(from civics, to rams) eveyrone who ever used one loved it

·
LX Newbie
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ASU_Magnum said:
i was going to run nitrous in mu 3.5l. since then I have decided not to throw anymore money into the car but i did research the zex kits(specifically) and everything I read(from civics, to rams) eveyrone who ever used one loved it
yeah i just wonder if it put me ahead of those guys, i came up against this civic with a turbo he caught me and then passed me, i did have my Cai and SC disconnected at the time, also since then i purchased the dynatech lt's and the jba catback which i'm putting on this week so i would like to see the improvement with that and the CAI and 91 tune go to work, but don't think it'll be enough, i would like to know if that zex will be the be all to end all, just street racing so i don't how much they could do to their car, i just want make sure i get those cool points and the money!

·
Premium Member
34,711 Posts
There's a few guy running it with great success.A 100hp shot is safe with a 5.7 and will shave a solid second off your times.The safe way to go is with a Window switch and a low fuel pressure cutoff.

·
LX Newbie
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hemi31 said:
There's a few guy running it with great success.A 100hp shot is safe with a 5.7 and will shave a solid second off your times.The safe way to go is with a Window switch and a low fuel pressure cutoff.
:doh: Of course a window switch and low fuel pressure cutoff are the way to go! heheeh! Just playing! Uh what does that mean what are those? meaning a window switch and low fuel pressure cutoff, heheheeh that was like foreign language! I'm new to this, and what do these functions do!

·
Premium Member
34,711 Posts
Window switch will only allow the Nitrous system to activate between preset RPM's.(Like on at 2000 rpm off at 5800.)The low fuel pressure cut off is just what it sounds like,if the fuel pressure drops the cut off will shut down the Nitrous so you don't blow up.

·
Just trying to make it in this world
5,014 Posts
You are right in that sense. I believe you can start worrying about that if you start playing with 150+ shot. I beleive samsonxd is running a 200-250 shot, but swapped out his pistons and rods for this. he was running 150 shot for a while with the stock pistons. also, a bunch of truck guys have been using nitrous for years with a 150 shot and no problems, from what i heard. I'm sure you'll come back and tell me otherwise due to you experience in the field. I'm prety sure you've heard the horror stories or even experienced them. Anyways, I've been running the 75 shot for some time and have no problems. other guys on the chargerforum have been running 100 shot with no problem either. i'm going the 100 shot shortly after getting colder plugs and figuring out how to install the MDS window switch.

P.E.P.I. Racing said:
wouldn't do it. the stock pistons are very very fragile. The ring lands are very high up with minimal support. A shot of Nitrous could easily break them.

·
LX Padiwan
128 Posts
Hi Rander, you still having trouble with that window switch? I talked to my shop guy and I have the Zex controllers in there now, I guess there was a problem with the MDS switch, we tried several different ones, I wish I could take some pictures of it all to help you out, but all of my stuff is placed up under the dash. I am taking the car down either tomorrow or sat to start its change, we got delayed again for a week while waiting for another set of pistons, the measurements were a hair off, so they had to make new ones, and I have been out of town for work the last week.

Anyways I will see if I can have him diagram it out for me so that I can let you know, if it is still stumping you that is?

I am running a 125 shot right now we figured 150 would not be good for the stock pistons, after all the building we hope to run a 250 shot.

Thanks

·
Where is my 707?
1,311 Posts
SamsonXD said:
Hi Rander, you still having trouble with that window switch? I talked to my shop guy and I have the Zex controllers in there now, I guess there was a problem with the MDS switch, we tried several different ones, I wish I could take some pictures of it all to help you out, but all of my stuff is placed up under the dash. I am taking the car down either tomorrow or sat to start its change, we got delayed again for a week while waiting for another set of pistons, the measurements were a hair off, so they had to make new ones, and I have been out of town for work the last week.

Anyways I will see if I can have him diagram it out for me so that I can let you know, if it is still stumping you that is?

I am running a 125 shot right now we figured 150 would not be good for the stock pistons, after all the building we hope to run a 250 shot.

Thanks
SamsonXD,

Were you running the ZEX TPS controller? If so, did you connect at the TPS or at the gas pedal? I initially had mine hooked up at the TPS, and had a lot of problems (due to big brother playing with the throttle). However, moving it to the gas pedal (same 5V signal, just before the computer does its crap) seemed to clear up all of my problems.

Just curious what everyone else is doing with our drive by wire system......
--Bo

·
LX Padiwan
128 Posts
Hi, Bo we connected at the TPS, but we had the Zex read 4.6 volts as WOT vs the normal 5 volts and that solved the torque managment problem we had. I am not sure what the new game plan is going to be on the new setup though, we are going to send the ECU to KRC and have it flashed, after torque managment is gone, I am not sure what changes are going to happen next, as far as the system being set up that is way above my paygrade, LOL.

·
Just trying to make it in this world
5,014 Posts
Yeah, that would be sweet. If you get a chance send the diagram my way. I'll have a look over. The zex controller is a bit more. about 150 more, but that's still not to bad. BTW, there was a guy over on the 300C forum that had the mds switched installed after talking with mds tech. Has not had any issues. He suggested i call MDS, since they figured out how to set it up on our cars now.

SamsonXD said:

Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.