LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Clever Disguise as a Responsible Adult
5,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was returning to work after lunch today I spotted a 300 about 200 feet ahead of me in the left lane. As I accellerated moderately to catch up I saw the dual exhaust and the "300C" badge.

Just as I caught up to him, the light ahead turned red. YES!, maybe he will challenge me. I had both fans running W/the "JT" fan mod and EVIC was reading a cool 176*. I shifted into autostick and glanced over. The driver was a few years older than I, perhaps in his late 60s. CRAP! I thought, no race here. As I anticipated the green, I was undecided whether to stand on it, or wait for the other driver's reaction.

As the light changed, I immediately applied moderate throttle and looked in my mirror for "grampa". HE WASN"T THERE IN THE MIRROR! You know what that means, he's right next to you! I floored it and shifted out @ 6000 RPM and kept it floored in 2nd gear. When I was doing about 65-70 MPH, I could finally see him falling back slightly in the mirror. The old boy was putting his foot into the throttle body alright. If I hadn't had Superchips, a 170* tstat and fan mod, he might have taken me!:not_worth

There's something about these Hemi powered LXs that bring out the youth in us aging baby boomers.:thumbs_u:

·
Stock Eliminator
474 Posts
Young or old we all love our hemis

·
First AWD LX in the 12's N/A
8,067 Posts
Hemi31 said:
Hehe,I'm still waiting for that to happen to me.
Hopefully the new SRt can help bring the youth out of you Erik :wink:

·
LX Guru
14,153 Posts
He,he, he, why you young whippersnapper!:wink:

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
As I am to be a Grandpa by sometime in April, you better watch out for moi!

·
Clever Disguise as a Responsible Adult
5,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mikoazca said:
Doesn't sound like you intimidated him at all! You didn't even know he was beside you. Intimidation means the other guy didn't try at all - not the case here.
Well, he got out of it before I hit 3rd gear, so yeah, he was intimidated.

BTW, I'm a "grampa" too!

·
Threadkiller.........see?
3,099 Posts
PowerWagon896 said:
...There's something about these Hemi powered LXs that bring out the youth in us aging baby boomers.:thumbs_u:
You're right about that (although it's my Dad that would be the 'aging baby boomer'). My silly brain still thinks I'm 20, especially when I'm in the driver's seat. :wink:

·
I'm not speeding......I'm qualifying
5,266 Posts
Great story!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.