LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
modernmopars.com
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this platform, and I'm trying to modify the car to have slightly better performance (no forced induction / injection) and better looks. I spoke with my mechanic while he was doing the inspection so I can get tags for the car, and he can do a flowmaster install for $1150. First, does anyone have Flowmasters? Their catalog posted 15hp / 18tq with that install. Is that worth the money? How do they sound?

How about the intake? I'm assuming from what I've seen there's no CAI setup yet for the LX platforms, but I'm still catching up. What's good for adding an additional 2hp or whatever?

Who's chip do people use to reprogram? I'm planning on keeping the car in 'stock' trim most of the time, and programming for track / show times.

As an addendum, for shows, I'm planning on running 22's eventually, but the majority of the time, I'll be on stock RT rims. If I run at the track, I'll probably stick with the stockers as well unless I start to run into grip issues.

Thanks for starting me down the right path guys. I look forward to reading the responses.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Well, it all depends on your car, which engine do you have?
I personally think 1100 for installing flowmasters is way too high. As for CAI's, there are quite a few of them, closed box, open element, "ram-air" tubes that extend from under the airbox, etc....
If you have a 6 or 5.7, superchips makes a tuner for them, there is also a couple chips out from Jet. Both of them have mixed reviews.
The common are intake and exhaust, neither one adding huge gains.

Another word of advice since I know someone will mention it....search, there are multiples of multiples of threads regarding these topics.

·
modernmopars.com
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To answer your questions, and clarify:

The car's an RT, 5.7 liter. The install's $150, the cat-back's $1000.

Yeah, I should know to search, I'm an admin on other similar boards.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
I'm an admin on a similar board as well and didn't want you to get jumped on. You can find the exhaust cheaper, the install sounds good. The most popluar intake seems to be the Mopar unit. I'm in the same boat as you in regards to searching for mods, but for the 6.1.
I'd check one of the vendors or ebay for any the mods.
Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.