LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ka CHOW!
4,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I write this, my father-in-law has just hours left on his life. He is dying from lung cancer. I just got off the phone with my wife and she told me he ate three hours ago and still has food in his mouth.

He has just hours left. How many hours we don't know but he will pass today.

This is where the insurance company comes in. They want to move him out of the hospital and into a veterans nursing home. He most likely would not even survive the trip to the ambulance. But, because he can express pain, he needs to be transferred. WHAT!?

HE HAS JUST HOURS LEFT!!!! STOP BEING A BUNCH OF DUMBA$$'!

Insurance companies suck.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
John. So sorry to read that his end is near, and if the ins. co. is wanting to move him in that condition it makes absolutely no sense to me either! I'm praying that they will let his wife, and the whole family grieve this passing in private and not aggravate the situation in this way any further!

WOW! What kind of bed-side, not to mention final-hours type of manner is that!?

·
Premium Member
34,711 Posts
Holy Crap!Sorry to hear about your Father In-law.Yes,Some of the Insurance companies do suck,especially if it's an HMO based plan.They will do anything to save a buck,and the hospitals play right along to free up the bed.

·
Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late
6,193 Posts
Sorry to hear, hopes and prayers go out.
Comfort your Wife with her loss!!

Insurance Co's are truly heartless.

You think your health insurance Co. would participate in smoking cessation program??
Mine does not want anything to with it!!

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
Fohn Jargo -

The last thing you wat to do is wrestle with insurance comapnies at a time like this.

I hope your father-in-law make a peaceful transition to his afterlife.

Wayne

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
John, may God bless him and grant him peace in his final hours. God bless you and your family, John. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

·
LX Padiwan
775 Posts
Sorry to hear, prayers go out.

·
Father of Owen
199 Posts
So sorry to hear that John; prayers and good thoughts to you and your family.

·
Ride my famous Murder Ride
774 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of this ... my prayers go out to you.

Don't let them move your father-in-law! The insurance company pulled this same B.S. with my father a few months ago. He passed the next day that they moved him into one of those nursing type homes. The charge-nurse told me if he would of still had the monitoring equipment on that he would not of passed.

·
Ka CHOW!
4,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE:

The man is a fighter. He is still with us. He has been moved to the nursing home. He has asked everyone to go. I think it is his way of saying "I need to do this and you don't need to see it."

Thank you all for your support, once again.

One of the many reasons why I love this place.

·
Premium Member
16,511 Posts
I pray for his peace and solace as he passes from this coil of woes into the next phase of his life. I hope for his comfort and joy as he will be a young and vibrant man once again.
GOD be with you all....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.