LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys use a cordless impact wrench? If so what brand and model? I bought one from harbor freight (Bauer) brand. It struggles to get the lug nuts of at 100 ft lbs. It's rated at 450 ft lbs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't use one on my Challenger until after I've used a breaker bar to get the lugs loose...way loose. I just use my cordless impact wrench to spin the lugs off or use my cordless drill. I purchased a Craftsman 1/2" 18.2v 250 pound cordless impact wrench. That joker is super strong and fast!! I've had it for only a year, though, but it has worked perfectly!

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
110v Milwaukee 1/2-drive. Removal only. If must be cordless just for the sake of being cordless good luck with that. I don't mind plugging in a cord.

·
stay modded, my friend...
1,502 Posts
Impact beats the lug nuts up, so I crack loose with breaker bar and run them off on low power DeWalt.
Run them down lightly then torque. I despise warped rotors, ugly lug nuts, stuck lug nuts, broken studs, etc…

·
Registered
861 Posts
Do any of you guys use a cordless impact wrench? If so what brand and model? I bought one from harbor freight (Bauer) brand. It struggles to get the lug nuts of at 100 ft lbs. It's rated at 450 ft lbs.
I have the same one. It works fine for my charger, also thought lug nut torque was 90

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
This one makes light work of anything you throw at it. Took that pulley off like it was hand tight.

Tire Toy Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle

The torque on it doesn't cause it to rat a tat tat for ever beating $hit up.

Reactions: 07RT

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Impact beats the lug nuts up, so I crack loose with breaker bar and run them off on low power DeWalt.
Run them down lightly then torque. I despise warped rotors, ugly lug nuts, stuck lug nuts, broken studs, etc…
I agree with you on all counts there. I'm an industrial multi-craft maintenance tech since 1983, including machinist (not a CNC machine operator) just to name one. I know how to inspect wear parts.
Being I torque on by hand to spec, I do remove with an electric impact. They come off easy if torqued properly. So no danger. Discount tire is professional enough to do them by hand both ways upon request.

But I want to share my experience with a Gorilla Lifetime Lug Nut. They show no wear since 2016. I have my car in the air right now and was looking them over last night. Amazing.

Te only thing is I was searching for a friend and could't find them. But really the only beatings they take are from myself removing them. I'm pretty sure they are hard chromed.

Gas Jewellery Nickel Automotive lighting Auto part

1 - 10 of 10 Posts