LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LX Guru
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just gave the keys to my Baby to my 16 year old son so that he could go play basketball. He took his road test on Monday and passed, so he has his Jr. license and it's only about a mile away . I guess it's a trust thing but I'll be sweating for an hour. :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
34,711 Posts
MrHemi2U said:
I just gave the keys to my Baby to my 16 year old son so that he could go play basketball. He took his road test on Monday and passed, so he has his Jr. license and it's only about a mile away . I guess it's a trust thing but I'll be sweating for an hour. :popcorn:
OOOOFF!

·
Bane of Zombiehood
1,861 Posts
wow....you deserve to sweat lol. hope everything comes out ok. i let my cousin drive my R/T with me in the car like a week after he got his learners...he was scared of the power lol. hopefully that fear keeps him in check.

good luck again!

·
First AWD LX in the 12's N/A
8,067 Posts
No worries,

I have an 18 year old nephew, and he's driven mine many times.
He has a job and is very responsible.

Also every time he's taken it I get it back clean and with a full tank of gas, besides his girlfriend is a little cuite, so anything I can do to help the little feller out (wink)

·
I know where Hoffa is...
6,616 Posts
You, crazy? Um, well, ah, no. I'm Crazy... You're just FN nuts!

It'll be fine. I'm sure you've taught him EVERYTHING he needs to know about how to drive YOUR car and not lose that priveledge...

·
Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late
6,193 Posts
I'd sooner let me Nephw drive mine than my Wife!!
Kids these days, some of them are way more responsible than I was, then there are the others!!

·
First AWD LX in the 12's N/A
8,067 Posts
MAGNUM8R said:
I'd sooner let me Nephw drive mine than my Wife!!
Kids these days, some of them are way more responsible than I was, then there are the others!!
You make a good point 8R, there's now way I'd let me drive it if I were stil 18......... not sure if that makes any sense?

·
No longer sporting dual R/T's!
9,301 Posts
there's now way I'd let me drive it if I were stil 18......... not sure if that makes any sense?
Made perfect sense to me!
If I'd had this muich car at 18 I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be here now.

Mike

·
Live Now, Screw Later Today
2,028 Posts
MrHemi2U said:
I might of said WTF but after meeting your son I say to you bravo! He does know what your Mag means to you and that makes your gesture all that much more sweet. Congratulations MrHemi2U Jr. on your road test!..:thumbs_u:

·
Alter ego of MyMaggieMae...
11,785 Posts
I've let my son drive the Magnum by himself many times. My daughter on the other hand has never driven it without me going along. It's all a matter of attention to driving. My son pays attention to what's going on around him. My daughter is too concerned with the stereo, cell phone, etc. She's getting better though... after wrecking her last car! :wink:

·
GOOD MEAT TAKES A LONG TIME!
21,543 Posts
You're a brave and trusting sole. I hardly let the kids ride in my Mag, let alone drive it! :mrgreen:

·
LX Guru
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didn't update last night. But everything went fine. He had a big smile on his face when he got home, so I guess a little sweat was worth it. I did go out and walk around it later when he wasn't looking. Now if he could only do chemistry.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.