LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to tell you'll I missed ya.............................but I'd be lying. J/Kn

Hey just got back today from dis place. Everything was perfect as always. 80-95 deg days, water was 81. I hated leaving so much, I left my boat there so I'd have to go back in a couple of weeks, damn the bad luck.

This pic is as we were leaving, glad we missed this storm. The Sunday before this a guy was on his PWC and got hit by lighting in this marina, no he didn't make it. Our prayers to his family.

This was our camp site for the week. 30 miles up lake, 8 miles into the finger and another 1/2 mile into this cove. Prestine water, great fishing and the perfect play ground for the young ones.

Did the standard exploring BS to: running back into some of the canyons is unreal, miles of stuff to explore.

Just thought I'd share :)
http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c...lakepowell06177.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch3

·
Premium Member
20,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hazman said:
WOW that like fun!! I am going with you next time
Done John, grab the wife and lets go!!!.

HEMIwoman said:
That is absolutely amazing...where was this again?
Ya know, I'm sorry..........how very rude. :loser:

Why this would be Lake Powell. Located above the Glen Canyon Damn (located right above the Grand Canyon :not_worth ). 180 miles long, 1900 miles of shoreline. It's not a problem getting away from everyone. In some of these canyons, you can go for days and not see anyone.

·
Premium Member
20,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fnkychkn said:
what, no trees?.....j/k
looks like a great place to relax.
what kind of fish in there? doesn't look like there's much vegetation in that lake.
Funny you mention the no vegetation. The lake is located at the 4000ft elevation. There used to be trees and such in the canyon areas, but cattle grazing back in the late 1800's and early 1900's eleminated most of it. There are places you go back into that still have some trees, but mostly this is way up lake.

This is the desert my friend, we don't want no stinking trees.

Fish, everything from Walleye, trout, small mouth, large mouth, striper, perch (big sumamumbitches too), catfish, and lots of weird stuff as well.

The lake is 500ft deep at full pool through the channel. So you get all kinds of variations.

In our camp, within 1 hour at dusk, I caught 1/2 doz 1-2lbs cats, 4- 1-1/2lb perch, 2 small stripers 3lbs, and one 2lb small mouth and still managed to drink a cocktail at the same time.

·
Premium Member
20,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fnkychkn said:
holy crap! that's a monster perch. around here they barely grow to 1/2 lb.
:shock:

No ****, This lake has so much fish in it, itta blow your mind. I saw dozens of 20lb stripers being caught. The stripper boils were unreal in the main channel. I didn't have rigging or the right partners to go for that gig. Besides, the kids had a blast just fishing off the back of the house boat.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Looks to me like you were "stoned" most of the time with no trees and such! LOL. That does look like a beautiful place. I'd love to get up in there one of these years.

Reactions: Cam

·
The King Nitwit!
9,974 Posts
I'll keep it brief.

I am Soooooooo Jealous!!!!!!

·
GO HUSKIES!!
3,344 Posts
Nice lil spot you have there...As I look out my apartment window 13 stories up and out at the city skyline...Im sayin...it would be a nice break to be in the middle of no where for a lil while....Happy you had a good time

·
Die hipster scum!
15,111 Posts
Yet another on my list of places to see before I die. Beautiful! I'm sure it sux to be back, but I hope you & yours had a great time! :thumbs_u:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.