LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NO LONGER A LX OWNER
Joined
·
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seen on one of the borads not too long ago a ram air intake made by Hennessy. What ever board I seen it on there was a group purchase. Does anyone know anything about this part or if they have it is it worth the money. If I had Hennessy web site address that would help.
 

·
It's been the Worst Day Since Yesterday
Joined
·
15,166 Posts
wasn't there a guy on this board that made his own version of that for like $100.

$300 for a CAI that doesn't do anything but change the sound of the engine.. offers ZERO performance increase... damn you really got to be nuts to waste money on that.. No offense.... but...:eek:wned:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,643 Posts
Mr. iNCREDIBLE said:
$300 for a CAI that doesn't do anything but change the sound of the engine.. offers ZERO performance increase... damn you really got to be nuts to waste money on that.. No offense.... but...
Just because something doesn't give additional horsepower does not mean that it does not give increased performance...
 

·
It's been the Worst Day Since Yesterday
Joined
·
15,166 Posts
MagnumSXT said:
Just because something doesn't give additional horsepower does not mean that it does not give increased performance...
ok explain, because the only thing I have seen occur with CAI on these cars is an increase in the sound of the motor, it actually sounds like a V-8 and a decrease in the MPG...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,457 Posts
Mr. iNCREDIBLE said:
ok explain, because the only thing I have seen occur with CAI on these cars is an increase in the sound of the motor, it actually sounds like a V-8 and a decrease in the MPG...
Well, your both right and wrong. In stock form the the 5.7, the CAI doesn't do anything except make some really good noise if your into that. But, get the exhaust breathing, get the SC tuner and that CAI is worth upwards of 10hp and 15-30lbs of torque at the rears.

If you need hard data to back that statement up. Check out my numbers at GIFO4. I was running the stock box with a K&N filter. Dropped the Henessey unit on and really gained across the board.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top