LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Hemi Panzer
Joined
·
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well actually my dealer did in one hour. SERIOUSLY!

My impression? ok I read this in another thread. ITS LOUD.

Much more than stock on acceleration. I would put the decible increase to be tripled from the 1000-2000 rpm range.

Then the car growls until you get to desired speed and then when MDS kicks in, its pretty quiet.

At WOT? I got a freaking ticket tonite because of it. No kidding. I opened her up out of the toll booth to about 85mph, and sure enough, unmarked State trooper tailed me and gave me a $54 ticket as opposed to a speeding ticket. Ok, yea Friday night, deserted late night highway, guess I was asking for it but was more in tune with testing the exhaust than watching for bogeys at 10 and 2 o'clock. lol I hate those unmarked cars. I thought he was one of those stupid city Limo wannabes with a crown Vic. lol

However, I read in another thread that there is a period of breaking them in. Well I hope it isn't as harsh as I dont want the back passengers going deaf. lol

For me personally, I think its agressive, a little more than desired, but Ill hold off on judgement UNTIL it breaks in around 2000k on the new exhaust system.
 

·
Ride my famous Murder Ride
Joined
·
774 Posts
Wow they got them on in an hour ... that's cool. Great write-up ... sorry to hear about the ticket. Now was the ticket for the sound of the car or something else?

The tollroads here in Texas are more like the autobahn ... as long as ya pay the toll the po-po leaves ya alone.
 

·
fool in search of wisdom
Joined
·
5,863 Posts
An hour sounds about right. Took me maybe an hour and a half in my garage, with the rear tires on ramps, and me crawling under. I had a different reaction though. At first, they weren't really all that much louder than stock - but now with about a thousand miles on 'em, they're much louder, and sound awesome. So beware, if you think they're loud now, they will get louder! I can also hear MDS kicking in and out very noticeably now (although not annoying at all), where as at first, I couldn't. I think they're the perfect combination of aggressive sound, and quiet comfort...
 

·
Aged to Perfection, Old Guys Rule!
Joined
·
922 Posts
hyperbolic said:
Doesn't sound like the 112s, four muffler system? Mine is just a little louder than stock.
Ditto. I have the Mopar/Borla 4 muff system (same as 112). When I first installed it I wondered "Where's the noise?" After a year and headers it sounds better, but would never be considered loud enough for a noise violation ticket.

Allevon, either you have the two muffler setup (no resonators before the tips) or the cop gave you a break by not citing you for excessive speed.
 

·
mr.clean
Joined
·
76 Posts
Interesting. I have the 125s and think theyre pretty quiet at speed. Getting on it though you know theyre there.
 

·
Hemi Panzer
Joined
·
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
TxCowboy said:
Wow they got them on in an hour ... that's cool. Great write-up ... sorry to hear about the ticket. Now was the ticket for the sound of the car or something else?

The tollroads here in Texas are more like the autobahn ... as long as ya pay the toll the po-po leaves ya alone.
Damn I gotta move to Texas! I wish I could have some Autobahn time here without having to fly over to Germany like I usually do. lol

But the ticket he gave me was for "Obstruction of View" and a written warning for speeding. I told him I was testing new exhaust and he was cool. He said, Im sure your paying enough for this car, so I'll give ya a break with a ticket that wont hurt your insurance and license. So he was defintiely cool.

I think the exhaust is what caught his attention and why he went from 5 lanes on the right to right up my ass in the left. lol They usually dont come after you here unless your doing over 90. I was doing 84 in a 65 zone which is almost NORMAL for left lane. lol
 

·
Hemi Panzer
Joined
·
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bipto said:
LOL - 112's too loud? Stock is the only quieter system I know of... You sure you don't have the 125's..?
Nope I have the 112 with Resonators.

I ordered the Mopar Cat Back System:

heres a shot from Mopar:


Ill post some pics of MINE when I get a chance today.
 

·
Hemi Panzer
Joined
·
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MadCharger said:
An hour sounds about right. Took me maybe an hour and a half in my garage, with the rear tires on ramps, and me crawling under. I had a different reaction though. At first, they weren't really all that much louder than stock - but now with about a thousand miles on 'em, they're much louder, and sound awesome. So beware, if you think they're loud now, they will get louder! I can also hear MDS kicking in and out very noticeably now (although not annoying at all), where as at first, I couldn't. I think they're the perfect combination of aggressive sound, and quiet comfort...
I was considering doing it myself, but didn't have the time and had the car going in the shop anyway. I hope these don't get any louder. I really didn't want it to sound like a Rustang annoying the neighborhood.

I like to keep my car nice and stealthy and only wanted the agressive sound when I punched it at WOT.

Its quiet when your on MDS on the highway. About a few decibles more than stock, but ANY gear change or MDS off, and it's very noticeable and I even felt a little back pressure on passing someone once.

The guy was doing 35 in the left lane, typical NYer :loser: who doesn't read signs that says STAY RIGHT PASS LEFT, ya know the type, typical "I do what I want and screw everyone else because Im a NYer", so I punched it and passed him on right with left middle finger out lol.

When I had to keep slowing down so as to not rear end him after about 1 mile, the car downshifter for a sec and I felt a bit of back pressure for about 1 sec. then I punched it and passed must faster than before.
 

·
Hemi Panzer
Joined
·
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MadCharger said:
You Jersey characters....... :blah:

:wink:
lol :mrgreen: :lol: :magburno:
 

·
Hemi Panzer
Joined
·
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heres an UPDATE:

I went under the car and checked. the passenger side was not fully tightentened and the muffler "rolled" to the right. I thought it looked kind of low from behind.

I think the tech that installed it, didnt tighten the clamp enough and I jacked the car up, got under there and loosened it on both ends, then rotated it flatter and then tightened the clamps down good to a real good hand tight torque.

Fired it up, no leaks and QUIET.

I got what I wanted, so it must have been loud the first night because with the foward clamp being loose, exhaust was escaping, making it louder.

Once tightened I took it for a run to Philly and back and it sounded SOOOOO nice.

Opened it up aginst some rice rockets too and when WOT, its REAL NICE!!

So there was the problem, a miss tightened clamp.
 

·
fool in search of wisdom
Joined
·
5,863 Posts
Allevon said:
Heres an UPDATE:

I think the tech that installed it, didnt tighten the clamp enough and I jacked the car up, got under there and loosened it on both ends, then rotated it flatter and then tightened the clamps down good to a real good hand tight torque.
If you want things done right.........
:mrgreen:
 

·
LX Padiwan
Joined
·
3,697 Posts
I thought Corsa was making the Mopars?
 

·
Die hipster scum!
Joined
·
15,111 Posts
Allevon said:
Heres an UPDATE:

I went under the car and checked. the passenger side was not fully tightentened and the muffler "rolled" to the right. I thought it looked kind of low from behind.

I think the tech that installed it, didnt tighten the clamp enough and I jacked the car up, got under there and loosened it on both ends, then rotated it flatter and then tightened the clamps down good to a real good hand tight torque.

Fired it up, no leaks and QUIET.

I got what I wanted, so it must have been loud the first night because with the foward clamp being loose, exhaust was escaping, making it louder.

Once tightened I took it for a run to Philly and back and it sounded SOOOOO nice.

Opened it up aginst some rice rockets too and when WOT, its REAL NICE!!

So there was the problem, a miss tightened clamp.
Awesome - glad this worked out for you! :thumbs_u:

LOL - I couldn't figure out why you thought it was loud... I think you would have been the first person on the forum who was displeased with the 112's...
 

·
Hemi Panzer
Joined
·
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MadCharger said:
If you want things done right.........
:mrgreen:
Lol yea your right!! Well the guy was overloaded that day and it was about 100 degrees in the shop, so for this I aint holding it against him. Took me about 20 minutes to figure out and fix. lol
 

·
Hemi Panzer
Joined
·
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
crhemi said:
I thought Corsa was making the Mopars?
Nope Borla is making the Mopar Cat-Back system. Basically is a 112 except the mufflers have MOPAR stamped on them but the tips have Borla stamped on them. lol
 

·
Hemi Panzer
Joined
·
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bipto said:
Awesome - glad this worked out for you! :thumbs_u:

LOL - I couldn't figure out why you thought it was loud... I think you would have been the first person on the forum who was displeased with the 112's...
I did hear one guy complain about them being too loud. So I would have been the second. lol

But yea, It just didnt seem right that these things sounded like Flowmasters. People thought I was a Rustang coming until they saw me. lol

Im glad I got this fixed because I didn't throw out my stock suitcase system JUST IN CASE. lol Im keeping all original parts in case I ever sell the car and someone wants the original parts.

Im a happy camper now. :mrgreen:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top