Thanks Pete after rechecking in the daytime it was diode #2

·
Leveil24
2,737 Posts
Yes sir thanks to you!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hope someone can help me out. I am having the same issue. Airbag light in Cluster is on and not heater controls. No A/C or rear defoster light. My car is a 2006 Chrysler 300 touring. Single climate controls. The problem started about a week ago. Just changed Diode #2 today with no change. I live outside of Chicago so I would like to get issue solved before it starts to get really cold. I do have a Viper remote starter which was already installed when I bought the car three years ago. Any help would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fnkychkn, I just wanted to say thanks for all the help. Ok I checked the fuses with a test light, 14 and 40 check out. My Owners Manual says that 14 is for my keyless entry and 40 is my power mirror. It lists fuse 41 as my Climate Control Module, this has no power. Fuse 27 is my Airbag and that has power. At this point I'm not sure if this helps or confuses me more. I'm hoping you can make some sense of it. Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well the jumper worked. Heater/blower controls fire right up with the jumper in place. I had already replaced Diode #2 prior to posting anything in the forum. Since the part was less than four dollars thought it might be a cheap solution. The diode has a notch in it so its pretty diffulct to install it incorrectly. Took my dash apart this afternoon to see if my remote start might have been tapped into the power to heater controls, but it is attached directly to the ignition. So Fnckychkn I'm hoping you have something else to check.

61 - 80 of 115 Posts