LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
J to da Weezy..Baby!!
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup everyone...

I just got finish waxing my car in my garage, i live in a Apartment, and out of 300 apartments in my whole complex, we have 40 garages, and i pay the $100 to have one every month...do you all think its worth it..?

But my real question is that, right now in VA, it is 10pm, and at 9:45 i got finish acutally putting the wax on...now im really really tired, how long can i leave the wax on before i buff it? Will it hurt the paint if i leave it on for another hour or 2...i have to go somewhere? if i have to do it now, then i will go buff it, cuz my car is more important...

What should i Do? Or what would you do...and how long does it actually take for the wax to dry? its 97 degrees here in my area currently

Justin...

·
First AWD LX in the 12's N/A
8,067 Posts
Depends on the wax you've used.

With Zaino products, you can leave it overnight with no issues at all.

I can't speak for all other brands, but let us know what you used I have some experience with a lot of different products.

The 97 degrees is not as crutial as the relative humidity, if it's humid the wax will take longer to cure and thus increase the time it SHOULD be left on the car before removal.

·
Premium Member
10,447 Posts
I can anwswer you first question! Get a damn garge, you never no what may happen to your car at a apartment complex!

·
J to da Weezy..Baby!!
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chuckles_1205 said:
I can anwswer you first question! Get a damn garge, you never no what may happen to your car at a apartment complex!
I do have the Garage, thats where i waxed my car and where i have it now...i just wanted to know should i keep it, but it looks like you answered my question...lol

·
J to da Weezy..Baby!!
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My weather....

Severe Weather Alert

» Read More
Current conditions as of 10:00 pm EDT Fair

Feels Like:93°Barometer: 29.83 in and steady Humidity:66%Visibility: 7 miDewpoint:73°Wind:CalmSunrise:6:14 amSunset: 8:18 pm 86°

High: 102° Low: 76°
MY car is in a closed garage right now...

·
8,067 Posts
With those numbers Jweezy it should be no problem leaving it on for an hour or 2. Actually with 66% humidity an 86 degrees, the wax will not likely cure for at least an hour anyway.

If you take it off too soon in high humidity you'll be working a lot harder than you have to.

One thing you forgot................ which wax did you use???

·
Premium Member
7,643 Posts
I agree with Ghostface. By the time I get done applying wax, it's ok to start taking it off. I've never left it on overnight.

·
J to da Weezy..Baby!!
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh this time i used Black Magic Synthetic...i read about it on the Reviews, it came in first place, so i wanted to try it.

It beat the wax i was currently using which was Meguirs NXT liquid paste...it worked great to me, but it doesnt hurt to buy and try something different then i can jugde myself to see if its better or worse then the Meguirs NXT liquid paste.

If you want when i finish i can take pictures and give a review here on LX..?

·
8,067 Posts
OK one more question:

did you wax over the decals or just on the yellow paint?

I'll make it even easier.... if you waxed the black decals take it off

If you only waxed the banana, leave it and do what you've gotta do, the car will be fine and the wax will come off really easily when you get back

·
J to da Weezy..Baby!!
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
decals also...

I have a Buffer...it comes off very well...i hope...the NXT came off and made the decals more black, but the black magic made it very very BLACK...

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
Jweezy -

Not sure if you were thinking of doing this... but
I wouldn't recommend driving around with the wax on - you will pick up dirt that will stick in the wax and when you take the wax out the dirt can scratch your clear coat.

Best to sit tight - let the wax cure... (it just stopped raining in Reston) then buff the wax... Hope to see the fruit of your labor tomorrow night!

Wayne

·
Mr.LX Poster !
1,016 Posts
Keep the garage , I dont have a comment on the wax . But any pic I have ever seen of your car it looks clean and shiney. So do everything in your power to keep it that way. ( jweezy only-I know the proper time but just wanted his time- I know sum all to well :Na_Na_Na_Na: ) Just for my owen knowledge how often do you wax your car every 2 weeks , that thing shines. I NEED to go do mine havent yet :( , at least you gave me a wax to try .

·
J to da Weezy..Baby!!
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mr.PEZO said:
Keep the garage , I dont have a comment on the wax . But any pic I have ever seen of your car it looks clean and shiney. So do everything in your power to keep it that way. ( jweezy only-I know the proper time but just wanted his time- I know sum all to well :Na_Na_Na_Na: ) Just for my owen knowledge how often do you wax your car every 2 weeks , that thing shines. I NEED to go do mine havent yet :( , at least you gave me a wax to try .
No problem guy. thanxs for the advice.

I will let you know how it turns out to see if its something you should put work into.

Jweezy

·
J to da Weezy..Baby!!
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wbornio said:
Jweezy -

Not sure if you were thinking of doing this... but
I wouldn't recommend driving around with the wax on - you will pick up dirt that will stick in the wax and when you take the wax out the dirt can scratch your clear coat.

Best to sit tight - let the wax cure... (it just stopped raining in Reston) then buff the wax... Hope to see the fruit of your labor tomorrow night!

Wayne
LOL...no i was not goin to drive with wax on...I have another car...i call it pimp juice...i will bring some women tomorrow also...lol

Jweezy

·
All Black Everything!!!
6,115 Posts
wax is ready to come off when u swipe through it with a finger, and it comes off clean, with out streaking, or leaving a oily streaks behind..depending on weather conditions, humidity etc, it can be anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour for it to set, and up to 24 hours before it is actually cured, when another layer can be applied..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.