LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
LX Newbie
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a chance to open up my SXT on the NJ Pike a little while ago. I understand the specs give top end at 117-120, but I was cruising around there and the 3.5L felt like it had more to give, and this is without any mods. Any feedback?
How fast have you been?

DMag.........SXT:racing:

·
I'm not speeding......I'm qualifying
5,266 Posts
112...and it had more.

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
Do a search for posts by user "OldNavy". I'm almost positive he topped his out at 118.

·
GOOD MEAT TAKES A LONG TIME!
21,543 Posts
On our road trip to the Spring Fling in Irvine last March, I hit 119 in my SXT. Felt like it had some more! Wasn't really trying to see what it would do. We were just in one of those moments on I-5, when I looked down and saw my speed.

·
Premium Member
16,511 Posts
I have an RT Charger with the Road and Track Package..
160 and she still wanted more...The REV. limiter kicked in!! HHAAHAHAA

·
"Dude, give me your tots!"
470 Posts
Okay guys arent these governed at 118 mph.. I have had mine right at 115 and my wife made me slow down cause she got scared but I will test the govern on them soon just hard since I mostly drive in town. Is there a way to get rid of the govern.. I heard the only reason they are governed there is do to the tires. At my 115 I had plenty more pedal left and RPM"s

·
GOOD MEAT TAKES A LONG TIME!
21,543 Posts
I have a update: I forgot that with my 20's, my speedo isn't correct. I would say it was 114 or 115, but still seemed to have some more.

·
I've got wood!
1,615 Posts
My SE hit right around that 120 mark prolly 118 like everyone else has been stating, when I went to the Starved Rock M&G earlier this year. It surprised alot of the R/T owners that I kept up so well and I got 28 mpg on that take of gas :rock:

·
...I'ma' do wat' it do, baby!
1,384 Posts
Here...here

Oh, now I see. THAT BITES!!! Dude, you guys with 3.5L's should be able to hit 125 or so...there's got to be a way those could be removed. On the way to Woodburn, Oregon for the Mopar Nationals my SE and I were with other LXers (Magnum Maniac, RainMan, Electrofied, Slim Magnum, Butweet) and I was tailgated by a Chevy Trailblazer who kept getting intermingled in our convoy. Anyway I soon got sick of him and wanted to have a little fun so I got a bit crazy and hit about 117 or so without any problem. It seems once you get the SE rolling at about 70 or so she takes off. It's that German engineering. My old Mercedes used to do the same thing.

Anyway, I am 100% sure you guys with 3.5L's can do 125 or better if she's tuned, not governed, and on flat ground!! :rock:

SyNyStR

·
Hemi Panzer
2,050 Posts
I opened mine up to 135 on the NJ turnpike near Newark Airport quite a few times. If you get there at the right times, do a run past it, see if the cops are lurking then u-turn it and open her up. Same for sections on the GSP. I had more room engine wise, but ran out of open highway because of other cars in the lanes.

·
Now we're talking.
12,200 Posts
I agree with you. 125 sounds about right.

SyNyStR said:
Oh, now I see. THAT BITES!!! Dude, you guys with 3.5L's should be able to hit 125 or so...there's got to be a way those could be removed. On the way to Woodburn, Oregon for the Mopar Nationals my SE and I were with other LXers (Magnum Maniac, RainMan, Electrofied, Slim Magnum, Butweet) and I was tailgated by a Chevy Trailblazer who kept getting intermingled in our convoy. Anyway I soon got sick of him and wanted to have a little fun so I got a bit crazy and hit about 117 or so without any problem. It seems once you get the SE rolling at about 70 or so she takes off. It's that German engineering. My old Mercedes used to do the same thing.

Anyway, I am 100% sure you guys with 3.5L's can do 125 or better if she's tuned, not governed, and on flat ground!! :rock:

SyNyStR

·
470 Posts
With how much pedal and RPMs i had I think we could do way over 125... But I would like to find out.

·
LX Newbie
52 Posts
I think the 3.5L could easily hit more like 140. I hit 115mph in 4th gear with my 3.5 Charger, and that wasn't close to rev limit either.

·
470 Posts
That is what I was thinking like 135-140 range..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.