LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LX Newbie
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Magnum RT occasionally flashes the BAS light when I start the car. Sometimes it stays on and I have to restart the car to get the light to go off. Finally took it to dealer and he said it was because the tires spun at some point...hahaha. Never would a RT owner spin their tires right? :)

So, if and when I spin the tires again, how do I reset that fault code myself so as not to have the dealer do it? I am 500 miles from my warranty expiring.

thanks!
Bryan

·
Steve
1,082 Posts
Fnky..could his dealer be BS'ing him cause he only has 500 miles of warrenty left? I've spun my wheels several times and never seen this happen. Sounds like a pretty lame excuse to put you off till the warrenty is up to me.

You know you can check for codes by turning the key from ACC to ON 3 times in a row.

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
i've spun mine for thousands and thousands of revolutions... no issues

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
McKinneyMagnum said:
so just ignore the light? seems like if i disconnect the battery i will still get the same error.
You did the proper procedure in the KB?? .... re-calibrate steering etc?

·
What'd I miss?
23,444 Posts
flhthemi said:
Fnky..could his dealer be BS'ing him cause he only has 500 miles of warrenty left? I've spun my wheels several times and never seen this happen. Sounds like a pretty lame excuse to put you off till the warrenty is up to me.

You know you can check for codes by turning the key from ACC to ON 3 times in a row.
DTC P2299 can result from brake torquing the engine.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
fnkychkn said:
The 'Might Chicken' hath spoken!!!! :banana:

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
i should check if i have P2299...

·
Steve
1,082 Posts
fnkychkn said:
Yup..might just be it but I brake torque mine, showing off :), and I don't get it. I DID get 2299 once when I was dragging the brakes while rolling at about 20MPH listening for a squeal I thought I heard. So if he ain't lettin' hist left foot all the way off the pedal when he brakes them loose 2299 could happen, huh....

Don't worry about clearing that one....if you don't KEEP doing whatever you did to get it, it clears itself eventually.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.