LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Formerly HLY CRAP
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During cocktails with some car friends tonight I showed them the layouts for the scallops I'm planning to have done while on vacation.

One of the guys said" Didn't you paint your '50 Merc that way? I didn't remember, so I went to the photo file. I bought this car after Americian Graffiti came out in 1973.

I did some moddin'

Now this is me 33 years later.

And this is my '50 Merc in primer and scallops before it was chopped.

The kid who laid out the scallop design for the Mag wasn't even born when I did this and I never showed him this picture. Jeez, I'm going back to the future.

·
Premium Member
7,643 Posts
Those look great. Not what I was picturing you wanting at all from that pic of the other car you posted. I really didn't know what you were going for.

·
I'm releasing the flying monkeys!
1,468 Posts
Once a classic, always a classic - except for the belt and (semi) bell-bottoms. When I see some of my pictures from the early '70's all I can say is, "YEEECH! What was I thinking?"

·
Inspired Performance
6,332 Posts
I am digging the the scallops.....now pass some gravy over here......
Seriously, I think that will look really cool. Accents the already good lines of the car. :thumbs_u:
And I won't comment on the attire, we've all been there.:wink:

·
Absent From Malaise
4,553 Posts
I dig those scallops to but I think they would only look good on black. Anyone?

·
Vanishing Point
1,080 Posts
Those who forget the past are condemmed to repeat it, in this case, a good thing. The mag has such retro lines that it screams for mods that recall several eara. I love the "American Graffitti" connection; my first kiss was after that movie, Tammy, under the street light and Heart And Soul playing in my head, thanks for the memory and paint the damn stripes and scallops!

·
Thread Killer, Vote Stealer
2,983 Posts
I prefer oysters.

·
Saving the world one leg at a time!
3,934 Posts
HC,
The scallops look great on the hood..Look forward to seeing the finished product

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.