LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Absent From Malaise
Joined
·
4,553 Posts
The new vendor hasn't breathed a word about this since he assumed control so I would say this is not going to happen.
 

·
I'll be back...someday
Joined
·
3,642 Posts
why would he? the majority of us cant even pony up 25 meezly dollars to see if ported and polished heads would do anything for us. why would a company make us something that is going to cost around 1000 if we cant even throw out 25?
 

·
Think About It...
Joined
·
252 Posts
HA... Never have I had to pay for R&D on the front end of any automotive modification and I have modded 3 other cars. Why should we have to put anything up for a product that we may own and never get any money back in royalties??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,687 Posts
Charged_Up said:
HA... Never have I had to pay for R&D on the front end of any automotive modification and I have modded 3 other cars. Why should we have to put anything up for a product that we may own and never get any money back in royalties??
That is a good point.
 

·
I'll be back...someday
Joined
·
3,642 Posts
Charged_Up said:
HA... Never have I had to pay for R&D on the front end of any automotive modification and I have modded 3 other cars. Why should we have to put anything up for a product that we may own and never get any money back in royalties??
fine, don't. I hope your happy with CAI, Chip, and Exhaust because if your not, don't complain when companies like hmm lets see, Volant, GSM, Tbyrne, and other vendors on here don't want to make anything because they see that there is no market.

This isn't paying for some companies R&D. This is paying a little bit to see what ported and polished heads could do for us and it is being done by members of this forum. If the results are good, then they might make a kit that we can buy.

Why do you think there is so much stuff for the hemis? Because there are A LOT of hemi owners throwing money into R&D and experimenting.
 

·
I'll be back...someday
Joined
·
3,642 Posts

·
LX Padiwan
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Charged_Up said:
HA... Never have I had to pay for R&D on the front end of any automotive modification and I have modded 3 other cars. Why should we have to put anything up for a product that we may own and never get any money back in royalties??
I know that $100 (R&D donation) is out of the budget for some folks. For others it's an acceptable sacrifice that may be beneficial in the end not only to myself, (which is HUGE motivation!) but to my V6 bretheren who may feel just as frustrated with lack of bolt on power for our models as I. I personally would like to see my 3.5L not only put rubber to the road, but leave it there in a cloud of smoke!
 

·
Think About It...
Joined
·
252 Posts
ASU_Magnum said:
fine, don't. I hope your happy with CAI, Chip, and Exhaust because if your not, don't complain when companies like hmm lets see, Volant, GSM, Tbyrne, and other vendors on here don't want to make anything because they see that there is no market.

This isn't paying for some companies R&D. This is paying a little bit to see what ported and polished heads could do for us and it is being done by members of this forum. If the results are good, then they might make a kit that we can buy.

Why do you think there is so much stuff for the hemis? Because there are A LOT of hemi owners throwing money into R&D and experimenting.
Whatever man think what you want. Lookup the term Research and development as it applies to engine modifications before you post next time.
 

·
Think About It...
Joined
·
252 Posts
Gameboy said:
Wow, friendly guy.
I hope I'm not coming off like an a hole cause I'm not. I do feel insulted though because the way this argument is coming off is that we V6ers are cheap. Fact is that we are smart.

Think about it. Why do companies charge so much for parts that cost them about $100 to produce?? As consumers, we are paying for the major R&D they did before marketing the product, and advertising. Why should we have to pay for the Research and Development and then turn around and pay the marked up price for the part? IMHO this does not make any sense.

At that I will take a :chill:
 

·
I'll be back...someday
Joined
·
3,642 Posts
Charged_Up said:
Whatever man think what you want. Lookup the term Research and development as it applies to engine modifications before you post next time.
Um, pretty sure R&D applies to engines the same as it does to a stick of deodorant... You, put, money in... Then you look at the results... and decide wether or not to keep developing...

So lets take a look... Car companies say there is no market for mods... then they come and see that we can't even raise 25 bux a person to try something out for ourselves... so they don't make sh*t.

So they have looked around and noticed nobody is doing much with the v6(research) then they look at the kind of money they could make with some of the people that may wan't to vs. the cost of actually making the product(more research) and they see that there is no point(development, well in this case not)

Now lets move on to the actual Product R&D, that was just market.

WAIT, there is no market! so why the hell would they wan't to develop a product!?!

So like i said, enjoy the 25hp youll gain from a chip, intake, and exhaust. While I (and a few others) will go make some sh*t happen.
 

·
I'll be back...someday
Joined
·
3,642 Posts
Charged_Up said:
I hope I'm not coming off like an a hole cause I'm not. I do feel insulted though because the way this argument is coming off is that we V6ers are cheap. Fact is that we are smart.

Think about it. Why do companies charge so much for parts that cost them about $100 to produce?? As consumers, we are paying for the major R&D they did before marketing the product, and advertising. Why should we have to pay for the Research and Development and then turn around and pay the marked up price for the part? IMHO this does not make any sense.

At that I will take a :chill:
look man, all I am saying is that we can't sit around and wait for them to make stuff because it is never going to happen. Yeah it sux, but what can we do? We can go make stuff ourselves. I'm not trying to be an ahole but I am coming off as one probably. I am just frustrated because I have had my car almost a year and haven't done anything to it(engine wise) since the first month I had it. Companies have come and gone saying they were going to make stuff and never did. So like I said, if we want stuff, we are going to have to do some things ourselves.
 

·
Think About It...
Joined
·
252 Posts
ASU_Magnum said:
look man, all I am saying is that we can't sit around and wait for them to make stuff because it is never going to happen. Yeah it sux, but what can we do? We can go make stuff ourselves. I'm not trying to be an ahole but I am coming off as one probably. I am just frustrated because I have had my car almost a year and haven't done anything to it(engine wise) since the first month I had it. Companies have come and gone saying they were going to make stuff and never did. So like I said, if we want stuff, we are going to have to do some things ourselves.
You are right. I am also growing impatient with vendors and empty promises. I would go and have it done myself if I had the expertise to do so. I don't know enough about the interworkings of our engines to make a call on how I want my heads ported and polished. At the same time I still don't see the logic in paying for R&D then paying for the product at a marked up price.

These guys aren't gonna invest their time and energy to give us a performance product. They are looking to make money the same way I would if I were in their shoes. If they want to make money on me, they need to pony up the money for R&D.
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top