LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8
110 Posts
Yeah, sounds to me like personal issues on his end are leading him to snap back in response to your issues. I'm also guessing that since you brought him a mixed bag of items to make one good unit out of, he approached it with the mindset that there would be problems. You just got him in a bad moment. Nobody's fault, just bad timing.

You must have a really good previous working relationship with this shop, because I'm not sure anyone would have accepted all of my parts and pieces around here and taken on that job to make one good unit. I'd say give it the "24 hour" cool-down period before any more communications.

Reactions: Jay Z

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8
110 Posts
First off, that's a hell of a response you crafted there. Lots of good facts.

I employ this approach even in my professional career communications, so I'll just say this.........now you have written it down, gotten it off your chest, and even let others see it. Now get rid of it. :)

If it was me, what I would do now is go talk to the guy in person. You won't say it the same way when you're there, but that's ok. I'm with you on being mad about the outcome and the way the guy handled it thus far, but I do believe you'll get more positive results by going there in person and dealing with this direct and not through electronic media. It'll change him and you in how you communicate together moving forward and hopefully for the better.

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8
110 Posts
I hate this. I hate dealing with mechanics. This is why I do my own work. I should have done this myself.
Another example of well said. I'm the same way. I'd rather EFF it up trying to do it myself.

Even if you "document" this, it probably won't gain what you're looking for. Better Business Bureaus are for that.

I'd still go there in person though. Your word of mouth may carry the best moving forward. Undoubtedly you won't be recommending this shop to anyone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts