LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
LX Guru
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm out of town, have a loaner car, and it's power steering is dying left and right on me!

Anyone that has access to detailed TSB information, could you look up these TSB numbers please:

STEERING
Bulletin Number: 050232001
Bulletin Date: MAR 2005
Vehicle: 2005 Chevrolet Malibu
INCREASED STEERING EFFORT. ( NHTSA ITEM NUMBER - 10014974 )

STEERING:ELECTRIC POWER ASSIST SYSTEM
Bulletin Number: 3795
Bulletin Date: JAN 2001
Vehicle: 2005 Chevrolet Malibu
ELECTRIC STEERING IS INOPERATIVE WITH C0545. ( NHTSA ITEM NUMBER - 10019283 )

Email to: tor (--- Put at sign here ---) bustedchain.com pretty please.

I need the details on these and any other TSBs or Recalls for this car that have to do with Power Steering Failure. The local dealerships of course couldn't find any TSBs or Recalls based on the VIN number and were unwilling to try searching by year, make, model

This is a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS (3.5L Engine aka 3500)

It has electrical power steering (Stupidest thing I've ever heard of!)

·
Bane of Zombiehood
1,861 Posts
is it wet? i read a similar thread yesterday about a guy with a loaner malibu that the PS went dead on. was told it was run by the smooth side of the serp belt. if the slightest bit of moisture gets on it it doesn't work.

can i ask why you're looking for a tsb on a rental? or is it a loaner from relative or something?

·
LX Guru
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was me from the other day. I was told that it was as you described, but as I told the Checker Auto guy I did not drive through any puddles. The second time it died on me, it was bone dry. (I had just gotten on the highway to drive 240 miles)

The car is a loaner from work. I told them I wanted to take my car and have them pay me milage and they were unwillin to do that. So now they get stuck paying for repairs out of town for their POS Malibu.

The dealer service department was less than helpful on the phone. They were unable to find two TSBs that I was able to pull up very quickly online that had to do with Power Steering Failure.

I was hoping to read the details of those TSBs if anyone had access to the full article.

·
What'd I miss?
23,444 Posts
quarky42 said:
That was me from the other day. I was told that it was as you described, but as I told the Checker Auto guy I did not drive through any puddles. The second time it died on me, it was bone dry. (I had just gotten on the highway to drive 240 miles)

The car is a loaner from work. I told them I wanted to take my car and have them pay me milage and they were unwillin to do that. So now they get stuck paying for repairs out of town for their POS Malibu.

The dealer service department was less than helpful on the phone. They were unable to find two TSBs that I was able to pull up very quickly online that had to do with Power Steering Failure.

I was hoping to read the details of those TSBs if anyone had access to the full article.
sorry quarky, i can only access dhrysler TSBs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.