LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just wanted to say HI and introduce myself to the group. I'm Tom and I previously owned (albeit for less than a year) a 2018 Chrysler 300s with the 3.6 VVT V6. I loved the car. Before that, I drove a 2013 Dodge Durango R/T for several years (big family - needed a hauler for many tasks) After owning the 300s for a bit, and since I loved the platform so much, my "car guy" and drag racer past began to work on my mind regarding the SRT 300's from years past. The need for speed/power could not be escaped. I thought to myself........"if I could find one with low enough miles, unmolested, I might consider it."

Well wouldn't you know it......a couple of weeks ago one pops up for sale relatively nearby to where I live. I didn't even know it was an SRT8 until I started asking questions. No pictures, price or miles in the original add. The description of the car when it first hit the AutoList app I was using (amongst others) was very non-descriptive. But there were clues within that this wasn't any normal Chrysler 300. I don't believe that the dealership fully understood what they had on their hands.

After asking questions, the information passed back was too good to be true. I had to go look at it for myself.

One owner car, 36,000 miles on the clock. 1 of 635 for model year 2013 according to what I have found online.

To say that I am happy is an understatement. Here she is before I get the windows tinted this week. I plan on performing some exhaust mods (shocker - but it's all stock) and maybe a cold air induction kit (I know.....they add nothing but appearance). I just put the 392 badges on the sides yesterday.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light

Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Looking forward to the interactions with this community!

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
About $10K under what everyone else is asking for these currently (12, 13 or 14 model years) and all with more miles, some considerably more. This one was the lowest mile car I had seen since I have been looking - for several months.

·
LX Newbie
2013 300 SRT8
255 Posts
Nice ride. You won't be disappointed once you open that exhaust up a bit. My 13 has long tube headers, catless mids and a custom installed Carven cat back. It's loud but I like the sound. Before that it just had a mid muffler delete and sounded good. Enjoy modding your new ride.

Reactions: Tom13SRT8300

·
Charter Member
250 Posts
Please i need something like this in case anyone have one for sale pm me please.
Nobody selling a low-mileage SRT is going to be combing the "Newbie Check-In" area. If you're serious and not a lowlife offshore scammer, post in Want to Buy.

Might want to include some details of what you're looking for, just so other members know that at some point in your life, you've actually been within 500 miles of an LX.

• Haha
Reactions: Curious Joe

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey all, just wanted to say HI and introduce myself to the group. I'm Tom and I previously owned (albeit for less than a year) a 2018 Chrysler 300s with the 3.6 VVT V6. I loved the car. Before that, I drove a 2013 Dodge Durango R/T for several years (big family - needed a hauler for many tasks) After owning the 300s for a bit, and since I loved the platform so much, my "car guy" and drag racer past began to work on my mind regarding the SRT 300's from years past. The need for speed/power could not be escaped. I thought to myself........"if I could find one with low enough miles, unmolested, I might consider it."

Well wouldn't you know it......a couple of weeks ago one pops up for sale relatively nearby to where I live. I didn't even know it was an SRT8 until I started asking questions. No pictures, price or miles in the original add. The description of the car when it first hit the AutoList app I was using (amongst others) was very non-descriptive. But there were clues within that this wasn't any normal Chrysler 300. I don't believe that the dealership fully understood what they had on their hands.

After asking questions, the information passed back was too good to be true. I had to go look at it for myself.

One owner car, 36,000 miles on the clock. 1 of 635 for model year 2013 according to what I have found online.

To say that I am happy is an understatement. Here she is before I get the windows tinted this week. I plan on performing some exhaust mods (shocker - but it's all stock) and maybe a cold air induction kit (I know.....they add nothing but appearance). I just put the 392 badges on the sides yesterday.

View attachment 90618

View attachment 90617

Looking forward to the interactions with this community!
Welcome! My 2020 300s 5.7L thinks it's an SRT-8.....:)

Car Hood Grille Automotive design Automotive tire

Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's awesome & a nice find.
Good price?
Thanks! I was a price that I couldn't pass up for sure. $10K under what others were asking for cars with more miles than this. Mine was, and still is, the lowest mile SRT8 on the market besides one (1) car, and their asking price was almost $40K.

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Love my 14
Nice ride man! I really wish mine had the black chrome vapor option, that's about the only option mine doesn't have I think.

1 of 496 for you, and 1 of 635 for me. I like having a rare vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts