LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,

Just joined form here in sunny (hot this weekend) So Cal, and I like what I see in the Forum. I'll be hitting the Team here up for info over the next short while so I can properly purchase a used Magnum, either R/T or SRT. I own several fun-to-drive rides (several Chevys and 2 '71 Mustangs) but want my Sport Wagon! I know the input here will help me make a well informed decision.

So now the journey begins, thank you all for having me along.

Best regards,
Tom

Oh, yeah, Super T, I like your "Fender-Rock On" avatar. Nice to see others keeping the Faith! :rock:

· Hello, my name is Nuvie.
5,668 Posts
welcome from maryland

my advice, SRT if you can afford it

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank You All

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

It looks like it will be an SRT, if all of the right things fall into place: right car with (all) the factory options, right price and mileage, right location (trying to keep it near to So Cal) and a car that has a lack of too many aftermarket mods. See, I wanna mess with it myself!

Again, thank you, and let the games begin!

Tom

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We did the deed!!!

Hi Gang,

Well, search is over, bought the car last Thursday, took delivery on Friday, we are now the proud owners of a 2007 Torred Magnum SRT-8 with SRT I, II, and III. What a car!

Couple of pics of her at her new home, where she'll be for a long time!

Thank you to all who have input on my post and questions, now time to let the ride begin!

This is kinda like my first real hello to everyone, no I am an owner too!

Best regards and thank you,
Tom

· Registered
3,319 Posts
welcome from Anaheim, join us at Beach Burgers in Huntington Beach for the meet and greets the first friday of every month!

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Big Daddy,

What time is the meeting in Huntington? Maybe we could try to make it sometime. Is info listed elsewhere on the site?

Hi Jina,

Sunday was make-room-in-the-garage-day for the Magnum. It was much worse than this! My friend is peeved at me because my 71 Vette (his ex-71 Vette!) is now in the side yard area! All of the boxes are full of parts for other project cars.

Do you have a shop here in Corona or is it near by? My wife and I wanted to have some embroidery done (names) on some jackets we have and have had a rough time finding someone that will do 2-4 items. Is this something you could handle?

Best,
Tom

· Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Hi Big Daddy,

What time is the meeting in Huntington? Maybe we could try to make it sometime. Is info listed elsewhere on the site?

Hi Jina,

Sunday was make-room-in-the-garage-day for the Magnum. It was much worse than this! My friend is peeved at me because my 71 Vette (his ex-71 Vette!) is now in the side yard area! All of the boxes are full of parts for other project cars.

Do you have a shop here in Corona or is it near by? My wife and I wanted to have some embroidery done (names) on some jackets we have and have had a rough time finding someone that will do 2-4 items. Is this something you could handle?

Best,
Tom
I do everything in our in home shop here in Corona. Shoot over an e-mail to [email protected] or PM me. We do small orders.

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi all, going to reintroduce myself here again, hope I don't get yelled at for posting in my own necro-thread.

14+ years of ownership on our Magnum, still love it, but it's needing some love, so gonna be coming by and asking some questions so we can get it back into top shape.

Anyway, thank you to all on this forum, glad to be able to be here.

Tom in Corona

· stay modded, my friend...
1,630 Posts
Not sure if I've seen anyone resurrect their own thread (usually the bots and newbies do that), but welcome back!
I'm going thru an extensive "200,000mi service" on my Mag as well.

Reactions: Curious Joe
1 - 18 of 18 Posts