LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to see if anyone had input on how to unlock the cluster for use. I have the cluster mounted into my 2012 300 and was direct plug n play but can’t go through the functions. Just curious on if anyone has had this issue and figured out how to be able to use stock steering wheel to go through the functions.

· Red trucker
1,354 Posts
That awkward moment when you don't do ANY research before hand lol.....why would you think that it would be plug and play? The CAN is different between 11-14 and 15+. You need a Tazer to act as a translater.

· Red trucker
1,354 Posts
Not much out there about these swaps. And the cluster is plug n play just can’t access the menus. It’s the exact same plug. Just have to mask the cluster with a newer 300.
You're kidding, right......?
59 pages. Enjoy lol.

· Charger Pursuit
243 Posts
Not much out there about these swaps. And the cluster is plug n play just can’t access the menus. It’s the exact same plug. Just have to mask the cluster with a newer 300.

Joking Right? There is a F**Kton of info out there along with youtube videos and anything related.

I can't tell if there is an issue with laziness, or just lack of something...........

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve contacted Zauto directly. They all said there isn’t a option to do the 2012 300 to charger hellcat gauge cluster to properly get the steering wheel buttons to work. Most of the cars that are swapped are newer then a 2012. The ones that are newer then mine I’ve had people tell me they can program them. Just unsure about my year model

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most the videos out are for newer models after 2014 which is different. Plus most people doing the 300s don’t want to tell how they do certain things so they can make all the money off of it.

· Charger Pursuit
243 Posts
I’ve contacted Zauto directly. They all said there isn’t a option to do the 2012 300 to charger hellcat gauge cluster to properly get the steering wheel buttons to work. Most of the cars that are swapped are newer then a 2012. The ones that are newer then mine I’ve had people tell me they can program them. Just unsure about my year model
They are going to cover their ass by saying what they know for sure will work, vs maybes. And there is no "programming" to make the buttons work. There has to be a can bus translator period. All the cluster threads say this.

Also, the Tazer technically does not support Pursuits, nor does it do much for 2011 Chargers as well.

Yet, here I am with a 2011 Charger Pursuit and a new Cluster using a Tazer. And I figured it would work via researching and diigging for info.

Car Vehicle Speedometer Steering part Motor vehicle

Reactions: HemiLonestar

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are going to cover their ass by saying what they know for sure will work, vs maybes. And there is no "programming" to make the buttons work. There has to be a can bus translator period. All the cluster threads say this.

Also, the Tazer technically does not support Pursuits, nor does it do much for 2011 Chargers as well.

Yet, here I am with a 2011 Charger Pursuit and a new Cluster using a Tazer. And I figured it would work via researching and diigging for info.

View attachment 90027
I’ve been digging around. Everyone I’ve talked too said I need to bring to them for programming. Then I tell them the year and they are uncertain

· Charger Pursuit
243 Posts
I’ve been digging around. Everyone I’ve talked too said I need to bring to them for programming. Then I tell them the year and they are uncertain
Programming or what exactly?

Find a used updated Tazer. Install your orignal cluster and follow the instructions on setting up the cluster swap within the tazer. swap clusters. see what happens. Tazer has to stay plugged in.

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Programming or what exactly?

Find a used updated Tazer. Install your orignal cluster and follow the instructions on setting up the cluster swap within the tazer. swap clusters. see what happens. Tazer has to stay plugged in.
midland honestly. Every time someone tells me that they never explain. But gonna mess around with it more today

· From the gun-shine state!
718 Posts

View attachment 90027

Just an opinion, if you could change the lcd screen to red, it would look way better. I'm not feeling the red and blue. Other than that, looks great.

· Charger Pursuit
243 Posts
Just an opinion, if you could change the lcd screen to red, it would look way better. I'm not feeling the red and blue. Other than that, looks great.
Dodge is typically red, however I enjoy the blue alot better as it matches the blue backlighting of the HVAC buttons. Not to mention the background seems nicer to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts