LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have a 2018 Charger RT STP and was wondering my fog lights are LEDs, but my headlights are not (I guess they are HIDs),

The question I have is, have any of your guys ever change your headlights to LEDs?

It seems that the headlights don't really project much light.

If you have, is there any suggestions out there what quality led lights are out there you can change them to?

Was it hard to do? (For example, installation, wiring, etc.,)

Is it even worth it to do?

I see ads about LEDs and notice they have fans on them, are they really hotter then HID lights?

Do they do any harm to your electric system?

·
Registered
982 Posts
If you had HIDs, they would be bright like LEDs. You likely have the standard halogen bulbs (look yellowish).

·
Been around along time.....
2008 Magnum SRT8, Brilliant Black
104 Posts
The GTR CSP minis work great and are plug & play with no fan and a 2 year warranty and won't break the bank.

·
Registered
248 Posts
OTOH, the GTR Ultra, while costing less than 1/2 again as much, has a lumen rating increase that IMO justifies the increase. I don't think I would be as satisfied if mine (Ultra) had any less lumens than they have.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler 300 Limited
83 Posts
I replaced the stock halogen bulbs in my 2018 300 with GTR Ultra 2 led bulbs and they are as advertised, the best of the best! I've had them for over 2 yrs now with no problems, plug and play. Expensive, but worth every penny!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light

1 - 9 of 9 Posts