LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
LX Padiwan
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the coolest car ever today (ok... that's an overstatement... but this car left me speechless). It was a ford, I'd say late 70's, early 80's... But it was an el camino... but a ford. I didn't see the front of the car, I only saw the back, but the lights were vertical, similar to our Maggie lights. The guy put an amazing dual exhaust on the back of the car. I didn't hear the motor so I couldn't tell you if it was a V-8.

I have absolutely no clue what it was. It said "F-O-R-D" on the back of the trunk bed. If you guys could point me to what it was, it would make my day.

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
Yep, Ranchero...

·
LX Padiwan
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yup, definitely the ranchero. That car is so cool. I think i like it more than the el camino. I wish i got a better look at the whole car... but that's a mighty fine rear end I must say

·
High Power Junkie
16,628 Posts
shnitzelman2001 said:
yup, definitely the ranchero. That car is so cool. I think i like it more than the el camino. I wish i got a better look at the whole car... but that's a mighty fine rear end I must say
Sacrilege!! There is no finer model/year of this body type than the 1970 El Camino SS. Build mine in high school.

It was simply one of the most distinctive, best executed and most versatile automobiles until the Magnum; it was a design far ahead of its time and is only now being brought back in the form of the Ridgeline, Avalance, ect... Besides, everybody knows the ElCo would blow the doors off the Ranchhand any day...

Bonus points. Anyone tell me what was so unique about the 1970?

·
I love my magnum!!!!!!
5,943 Posts
the year! No other year like it because of the clear headlight lamps

·
High Power Junkie
16,628 Posts
ASU_Magnum said:
Wasn't she backing you up? lol
Uhh erh... yeah I think you might be right? Add a comma in there (like I did when I read it the first time) and it might mean something else.

Off to the Abyss with me :loser:

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Gameboy said:
Wow! I must be getting old, never thought that some folks may have not seen the cars that were everyday drivers in the 70's & 80's. Wow, talk about a reality check...SHEESH!

...ever seen a Vega?
LMAO...seen one? Hell, I OWNED one! 74 Vagrant and I rebuilt the 4-banger myself, sleeved the block and static balanced the whole thing myself in my uncle's NAPA store machine shop, back in the day! That baby would chirp the tires in ALL 4 GEARS. Man, that was a fun car but the best feature without a doubt was the BUCKET SEATS!! When I finally junked the car, the seats were cherry and I got a couple hundred for the seats alone!!

·
Premium Member
12,532 Posts
LOVE THE EL CAMINOS!

Only good Ranchero IMHO is the 64 Falcon. Had a boyfriend that had one when I was about 17, dropped a driveline at the lake and had to walk a mile and a half until we got a ride to my car which ran. 1971 Bonneville. Not pretty but a brute.

Wow what an epiphany, young people never have seen these.

Rick had a '67 El Camino but we were changing careers and had to let it go for cheap.

·
I'll be back...someday
3,642 Posts
to be honest, there really aren;t to many of them around anymore. I see el camino's every once in a while but I can't even remember the last time I saw a ranchero.

·
LX Padiwan
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't want to start an el camino vs. ranchero war. I've just never seen a ranchero and it took me by surprise. These cars were both way before my time so I don't know their history. I can imagine the el camino is more popular and probably a better car since I've never heard of the ranchero... but I still think the one I saw was pretty cool

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.